PDA

View Full Version : Weapons and stats question

MrEpik
05-17-2012, 09:17 AM
1st, sorry for any mistakes i may write, english is not my native language.

My question for the veterans out there is, Does any stat other than streght affect dps depending on the weapon used?

For example, a dagger is light, so maybe agility is more important than strenght? (at least it is what makes sense to me)
Or in gladius weapons, strenght and agility are equaly important? (for speed and streght in blows)...

And, I´m thinking about going with exotic weapons, what combat style (slash, etc) is better with those weapons? (since they are wildly different than other, and even between themselves)

Thanks for your time in advance.

Alba Kebab
05-17-2012, 09:25 AM
slash and lunge both work for all exotics, but usually slash with falchion and lunge with trident.

MrEpik
05-17-2012, 09:39 AM
I´m really a noob....
I just noticed is right on top of the weapow especialization the atributes for it.....
Thanks for reading anyway..

crow
05-17-2012, 10:05 AM
First off welcome to the game. Yes your conclusion is correct on the weapon and stats. A weapon that would be better served for speed requires more agility and a weapon like an axe or mace would be better with strength. if you mouse over each weapon skill icon, the skills for each weapon such as strength and stamina for bashing weapons. these attributes listed are the clues you need to know what kind of stats to buy with gear.

Dainoji
05-17-2012, 12:27 PM
I've found things to be pretty logical when it comes to this question. As Crow said, if the weapon seems like it would benefit more from agility than strength or vice versa, it likely does. Bastard Swords are in the Blades category, but I'm pretty sure they benefit more from a high strength than agility as they are much larger and heavier sword.

MrEpik
05-23-2012, 07:20 PM
One more question,

With a 2H sword for me it is logical to Slash, and i have a 2H warrior doing well slashing with his sword and all.... (she is 34/3/4)
But them i read the RAGE guide stickied, and there he states 2H weapons should be used Bashing.

So, should i slash or bash with a 2H Sword?

Dainoji
05-23-2012, 07:38 PM
One more question,

With a 2H sword for me it is logical to Slash, and i have a 2H warrior doing well slashing with his sword and all.... (she is 34/3/4)
But them i read the RAGE guide stickied, and there he states 2H weapons should be used Bashing.

So, should i slash or bash with a 2H Sword?

You can slash or bash with a 2H sword. I haven't explored it in detail, but perhaps when bashing you'll deal more stun crits or knock downs and slashing will deal more bleeding crits and possibly other crits. Both fighting styles will work though.

Apoca1ypse
05-24-2012, 01:01 AM
I have not tested with the 2H swords tbh. I still think bash would be better when using a 2H great sword as the motion (or at least the one i picture in my head) seems to make better use of the blade's weight.

I know that the 2H blades and axes inflict more bleeding than mauls (which deal more damage)

IMO mauls are better than the bladed 2H weapons because to make use of bleeding you need lots of hits, which will not happen in 2H styles... but someone may find that the blades have a benefit that I'm not aware of that makes them the better weapon.

MrEpik
05-24-2012, 07:58 AM
I see the logic on what you guys are saying...

I´ll try bashing a bit and making my conclusions, but for waht is worth, every hit i make is causing bleeding while using slash.

Alba Kebab
05-24-2012, 09:39 AM
Slash is probably better vs lightly armoured opponents, bash could be better vs glads in heavy armour.

MrEpik
05-24-2012, 05:37 PM
Slash is probably better vs lightly armoured opponents, bash could be better vs glads in heavy armour.

Exactly my conclusion, Bash dealt pretty higher dmg than slash against Armored oponents. Apllied lots of stuns.

But slash dealt much more agaisnt light armor. Applied lots of bleeding.

I´ll incorporate both in my strategy to dominate the wor...... i mean arena...

Kreegan
05-24-2012, 11:28 PM
I know that the 2H blades and axes inflict more bleeding than mauls (which deal more damage)

IMO mauls are better than the bladed 2H weapons because to make use of bleeding you need lots of hits, which will not happen in 2H styles... but someone may find that the blades have a benefit that I'm not aware of that makes them the better weapon.Mauls cause no bleeding at all but seem to completely ignore armour (actually quite many weapons seem to ignore armour completely or mostly...). I suppose the 2H swords are better for Wars who use parry-attack strategies, given that they are better suited for blocking strikes than the axes, the mauls and the battle flails but I have not really tested that.

MrEpik
05-25-2012, 07:12 AM
Does any one have tried the battle flails?

I bough on just now, looking for advice.

By logic it should deal good dmg on armour and used in a bashing motion right?

EDIT: OMG!!! I tested only 2 times, too little to make assuptions, but so far the dmg is huge!!!

Chamaeleonx
06-29-2012, 08:46 AM
So basicly:
Slash goes through the light armor and crashes against the higher armor.
Bash breaks through the higher armor but the lower armor just absorbs the force more then a steel plate armor piece could.

Would someone try a dual Wielding Flai Rage or Threatric with stun proccs and maybe higher hit chance from the War tree? :P
Must look awesome to swing to flails into your opponent in your rage ;D.

So sure flail is bash.

I guess its mostly like in real, so if you know a bit of older weapons you can figure out what the weapons do.
Besides, if you use a shield i would use it with a bash weapon because you also bash your shield against the opponent. So probably mace, axe maybe, flail with a shield would work best for a "tank".

Greetings Chamaeleonx =)