PDA

View Full Version : My glad is too fat.

Sacrosanct
05-13-2012, 04:32 PM
I just started playing this game today, and I picked the Trug race with theatrics.

I threw a main hand and off hand mace on em and threw him into the pit.

I get excited cause he kicks ass usually.

at least until the very last round when he passes out.

I have 63 endurance stat but only 38 on my stam bar. I cant ever last an entire match without passing out with exhaustion.

My encumbrance bar is at 23% and green, so it's not that.

What do?

WheelDraw
05-13-2012, 05:58 PM
I'm new too so take this fwiw but maybe try changing some things in tactics, probably lower activity level or maybe blood lust.

Alba Kebab
05-13-2012, 08:44 PM
It is your encumbrance, with 38 stamina 23% is quite a heavy load if you want to move around. But then again, 38 stamina probably shouldn't move much, lol.

Dainoji
05-13-2012, 08:53 PM
Lot's of new players on the boards here, so on behalf of all us vets, welcome to the game! Now on to your question. Trugs are VERY hard to run early on because they get a very big penalty to their endurance in exchange for their health buff and bleeding resistance. So that is why you are seeing 38 in your stamina bar. What you need to do is pump up your weapon skill as fast as you can so you'll beat your opponents faster before passing out. Use your achievement slots to buff his endurance and stamina as well when you can. You'll probably want to keep your AL and BL around 2-5, maybe play around with it to find a sweet spot. I don't personally run Trug Theatrics glads so maybe some of the other vets will chime in, but as a general rule the advice I've laid out for you should get you pretty far.

Kreegan
05-14-2012, 10:53 AM
My impression is that the Trugs are nigh useless early because the overall incompetence of any low-level gladiator makes the fights relatively long (compared to the fights in the higher brackets) and the terrible endurance of that race means they drop down before they could inflict enough damage in more than half if the fights - especially against defensive gladiators. In the higher brackets it's exactly the opposite - Trugs have a great advantage due to the extra health and there are plenty of mid- and high-level achievements available to boost their endurance. The Trugs in Primus are all (or almost all, not sure) mutated ex-other-races, none (or almost none, heh) of them has started as a Trug.

Garlic88
05-15-2012, 01:45 AM
To be honest, trug is a baaad choice for your first gladiator. A lot of battles at early levels are won or lost depending on who passes out first, and trugs pass out almost every fight at the early lvls. Dont worry, as you will be selling this glad fairly soon, as much better ones will be available in the slave market once you have a bit of money.

Just concentrate on upgrading your stables to take another glad and then buy a non-trug and you'll see some victories. Even if you keep losing, your trug will still earn money in the arena. Good luck!