PDA

View Full Version : what to do with this slave?

Alba Kebab
05-11-2012, 08:29 AM
I'm new to this game, only been playing over a week or so, but so far loving it and the strat going into it.

this slave is in my market:

Strength 66
Intellect 73
Agility 87
Stamina 74
Size 63
Presence 60
Chi 70

I am unsure about what to set this slave for if I pick him up, so far I already have a theatric(my starting glad) and a war, so I sort of wanted a rage, but this slave does not look like rage would be the best fit.
So what would he be good for?

or would a 2nd big slave like this be worth considering? I like the massive size and int but the low stamina...

Strength 78
Intellect 76
Agility 64
Stamina 61
Size 74
Presence 50
Chi 70

Cynaidh
05-11-2012, 10:19 AM
I like the 2nd one more myself he would make a fine 2 handed weapon using rage that will last you awhile, just pick urk for his race, which will give him bonus endurance, so the low stamina wont hurt him that much at all.

Two-handed rage do quite well in the beginning to mid brackets, so you would get a lot of good fights while you wait for a spectacular slave to show up.

Alba Kebab
05-11-2012, 09:19 PM
I suspected as much myself for the 2nd guy, just wasn't sure if the low stamina can make it...

and I was really drooling over the 87 agility and the higher overal stats of the first slave, kinda was screaming for a fast moving stab-happy setup, just wasn't sure whether war or theatrics would be a better fit for a agile mobility build, and how would he/she deal with big armored tanks later on with a build based on mobility over brute power.

Narol
05-12-2012, 06:53 PM
If you want an agility-focused build efficient against big armored tanks, you could make the first one a polearm war or alternatively a a war or theatrics with 2 bastard swords (the only kind of blade really efficient against heavy armor...). A theatrics with scimitars could work too...

Anyway, his low size will prevent him to wear heavy armor himself but the combination of high agility and low size is optimal for defense.

War style has the advantage of having Hamstring if you want to strike first, but at the contrary the Theatrics is the only style who can counterstrike if you want to be efficient alsp against offensive opponents... Then Gratuituous Violence can also be quite efficient against tanks if you hit them hard enough to make them bleed a lot..

Kreegan
05-12-2012, 11:52 PM
The Polearms have pretty poor armour penetration power on their own actually + a tanking War's defenses will be almost unbreakable for you if you don't invest in Brute Force. I have one War monster myself, stats-wise my best gladiator by far, but decided to make him more defensive-orientated (no Brute Force, only Feint) and see what happens. I don't think he has won even a single fight against another defensive War, especially if the latter has a shield - sometimes he can't even drop their health to 50%.

Alba Kebab
05-13-2012, 09:18 AM
All noted, right now I''m going to try her with theatrics, and wait patiently for another 80+ stat guy to make a rage glad in the future.
But strangely enough(or maybe not so strange to the experienced eye), she seems to be doing worse with exotic skill and a falchion at lvl5 than she did with blade skill and a gladius at lvl1, she performs ok with a falchion but I get the nagging feeling she's still looking for a better fit weapon....

My 2nd glad is a 2h halberd-using war, with size only at 54. I kept him on parry and he does quite well, always surprised me how well he defends with a 2h weapon but not very heavy armor, guess that must be the size factor working. He does perfectly with a halberd, and my experience with him suggest high stamina (coupled with semi-decent agility and int) is the best fit for halberd(swinging that bastard takes energy the most), so I tried exotic on this new slave.
1 neglected brute force on my 2h war as well, was too busy upping Create Distance and armor movement to defend against 2h ragers. But as soon as I got up to Panzer in Arena Challenge, it was obvious I needed the brute force, and with brute force just up at rank2, I was able to pass Panzer when I failed with brute force rank 1. Brute force is looking as much a must as CD and armor movement is for him now.