PDA

View Full Version : Byrd of Prey style opinion/tip

Vhani
05-01-2012, 07:54 AM
Having Snivler as a race for a Byrd of Prey fighting style doesn't seem to work well although it may seem like the obvious pick for many. Here's why not to pick Snivler:

- It's hard to get through armor with a Byrd of Prey style. Simply picking human might be more efficient since the offensive bonus is (Imo) a big + to get through defenses. As a Byrd of Prey fighter you'll take the initiative in the majority of fights anyway which makes the Snivler bonus less needed anyway.
- Main point here: as a Byrd of Prey fighter you'll get to trigger a lot of Last Stands (You wont hit that big to finish a fight without triggering it if your opponent has LS), by when you still have to throw in quite a few blows to finish it. The Health penalty for the snivler race makes Last Stand a dreadful thing to face.

That's my opinion on why not to pick Snivler for Byrd of Prey fighting styles. Comment as you like, I hope that this will be useful to someone.

Apoca1ypse
05-01-2012, 07:09 PM
I ran wargh as a sniveller for a while. at the time, the metagame at the top was rage, so wargh did bloody well. currently though, there are glads with something resembling armor, so you are right, it's hard to get a hit through, and you get punished for the low health.

I dare say that the time for snivellers has already come and gone.