PDA

View Full Version : What irons are in the fire at Outcast Games right now?

Nate
04-22-2012, 07:35 PM
Greetings Pit Masters!

Just wanted to give you a little update on what has been going on at Outcast Games HQ. Right now we are working on making the game more accessible to new players by redoing the tutorial and adding in a kind of help system. We are also working on a refer-a-friend program that will award players for helping to grow the game. As you have seen we also have new weapon art and maps being made in preparation for conquests.

Once the update to help new players is done we'll be moving over to do a balancing pass on the specialties and a re-design pass on the skill trees to address various issues that have been brought to light from your feedback.

After the balancing pass conquests will be the main focus as we give birth to the Great Realm's many lands and locations where you'll have the ability to send your gladiators into some of the most dangerous and exciting places in search of legendary items! Speaking of legendary items, along with a pretty new color (Orange) you'll also have many new abilities and stats on these items never before seen in the Great Realm to expand your strategic options when building your perfect gladiator.

In parallel with conquests we'll be looking to introduce a system for Primus where gladiators are competing for more than just bragging rights and where their victories will be rewarded with more than just applause!

As you know we never give release dates but know we are working diligently in our endeavor to bring a more enriching experience to you in the Great Realm and we appreciate your patience. As always your suggestions are welcome and we love to hear them.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Kolodis
04-23-2012, 09:14 AM
When the skill redesign is done, will our skill points get refunded, or are we going to have to rebuild our glad from scratch?

crow
04-23-2012, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the updates. Look forward to the conquests. Been wondering about the new schools. Are they still on the to do list after the conquests are up and running?

Cynaidh
04-24-2012, 04:39 PM
you'll also have many new abilities and stats on these items never before seen in the Great Realm to expand your strategic options when building your perfect gladiator

Looking forward to that, kinda sounds like we will be hunting for specific gear to pull off specific stratagies.... kinda reminds me of Diablo. (in a good way :) )

Nate
04-26-2012, 12:25 AM
When the skill redesign is done, will our skill points get refunded, or are we going to have to rebuild our glad from scratch?

Haven't decided how this will be handled yet, but mot likely it will be something along the lines of unlearning will be free for a day or two but you'll still have to retrain them as usual. It's not as if the skill trees are going to become radically different so you may find that you don't need to redo your skills.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Nate
04-26-2012, 12:27 AM
Thanks for the updates. Look forward to the conquests. Been wondering about the new schools. Are they still on the to do list after the conquests are up and running?

With so many irons in the fire, some had to be placed in the back. I figured the majority of players would appreciate a new movie with the same actors rather than the same movie with different actors if you follow me. The new schools will tie into conquests and the opening of new areas, so expect to see them come online after conquests.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Nate
04-26-2012, 12:34 AM
Looking forward to that, kinda sounds like we will be hunting for specific gear to pull off specific stratagies.... kinda reminds me of Diablo. (in a good way :) )

You're on the right path. We have plans to really expand the items in the game and the types of stats gear has. Eventually having sets, etc. Each conquest will have difficulty settings and based on the difficulty setting you choose to do will determine what types of items can drop with the most powerful gear being dropped only on the hardest of settings. Much later down the road there is an idea to have gear that actually has its own "skill tree of sorts" that will allow the player to customize the item like they customize their gladiator's build, and possibly even have its own set of triggers to determine when various abilities are used, but that's just a rumor I overheard the other day. ;)

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Cynaidh
04-26-2012, 12:59 PM
You're on the right path. We have plans to really expand the items in the game and the types of stats gear has. Eventually having sets, etc. Each conquest will have difficulty settings and based on the difficulty setting you choose to do will determine what types of items can drop with the most powerful gear being dropped only on the hardest of settings. Much later down the road there is an idea to have gear that actually has its own "skill tree of sorts" that will allow the player to customize the item like they customize their gladiator's build, and possibly even have its own set of triggers to determine when various abilities are used, but that's just a rumor I overheard the other day.

Nice!!! I am so going to need ALOT more bank slots for saving up stuff my guys pick up, i can see being an "item collector" (hopefully with achievements! :) ) becoming very popular with this feature. This really sounds fun, any more small details for us :) Like how long does a conquest take? Can your glad still fight in the pit when on a conquest? Hell are conquests something single glads do or can you send a group of glads to get the job done? :)

Kolodis
04-26-2012, 02:41 PM
Sounds good. Looking forward to all the new stuff coming out. I suppose it would be too much to ask for a planned patch date?

Garlic88
04-28-2012, 03:45 PM
Wow group gladiator combat... now that would be awesome...

Kolodis
05-05-2012, 10:39 AM
Any plans for the four small slots in the equipment screen? They seem like they would be used for rings or accessories, but I haven't seen any items like that in the game yet.

Nate
05-23-2012, 03:26 AM
Just want to give everyone a heads up that we're done with the new player usability update and we're working on the balancing pass I mentioned before. We may hold off releasing the most recent work we've just finished and combine it with the balancing pass and just make one update, I'll let everyone know once it's been decided. I anticipate the balancing pass to take a week or two possibly sooner if things go smoothly.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Nate
05-23-2012, 03:29 AM
Any plans for the four small slots in the equipment screen? They seem like they would be used for rings or accessories, but I haven't seen any items like that in the game yet.

Those slots are meant to be for things like rings and accessories and possibly one time use items that can be triggered to be used during a fight. These will be integrated into the Conquests update or shortly thereafter.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Garlic88
05-23-2012, 05:49 AM
Thanks for the news, looking forward to it!

MrEpik
05-23-2012, 04:22 PM
YES TO ALL OF IT!

i´ve been playing for a week and i already think this is a great game, those improvement can only make it better!

bugua
05-23-2012, 11:13 PM
Wow group gladiator combat... now that would be awesome...

bugua
05-23-2012, 11:14 PM
I like such battle