legendary = Orange stuff.

anyone else remember the rarity system

Dark Grey = Common
White = Fine
Green = Uncommon
Blue = Rare
Purple = Epic
Orange = Legendary

Is this still true. (1st to come up with a new name for full orange gladiators win's an internet)
I'll call them Pumpkins ^_^ any more ideas?

I have a Couple of Questions I dont expect many answers but worth a shot.

Will gladiators still be able to fight in the blood games and participate in a conquest? in the arena? will there be a leader board? how long will a conquest take in terms of time? Can you give an Example name of a legendary item? (Soul-stained,Heroic,Soul-tanned,Epic and Masterwork are all purple names) what was your favorite part of developing the "Conquest" system? Can we have Javelins? How about nets?....Can i throw a ball and chain at an enemy? :)

In Regards to storyline

I'm not sure an actual story arch is required. So far its been completely player driven in my mind. With 2 factions currently rising "Rage United" and "The Imperium" (Crow/Oedi). A "Friendly" political atmosphere is starting to develop based solely off of competition. With all the challenges flying back and forth from both sides its starting to turn into a war. Iv'e had more fun in the past few weeks than I ever have had in the pits. Now we just need something tangible to fight over.

A throne....in my eyes the Society that would support this kind of bloodshed in this type of low fantasy atmosphere would be a very very grim Combat Based Meritocracy. Where in the prowess of a combatant in the arena/blood games would rewarded with not only survival but leadership roles within the government structure. Most likely considering the combative nature of the great realms this leadership role would relate in some form or fashion to Warfare and/or the Defense of the Civilian Population.

In terms of why and how this system came about is a fairly simple matter. The Great Realms is FILLED with Daemons,Trugs,Snivlers,Urks,Spite,Beast men,Monsters and whatever the F%#@ Apocalypse is. Only the strong can survive and then only the strongest can lead. While at the Same time the Weak live in COMPLETE servitude in order to increase their survivability.

Lets Face it. The Great Realms is a Hellish Dystopian Nightmare world. Where Death/Disease/Famine and War are as common as dirt or sand. Now lets RULE IT.

BlkTmplr
03-27-2012, 05:40 AM

Last edited by CaineDeSoulis; Today at 10:32 PM. Reason: CaineDeSoulis for king? lol

Don't expect an answer to that one. :p

Apoca1ypse
03-27-2012, 06:37 AM
legendary = Orange stuff.

anyone else remember the rarity system

Dark Grey = Common
White = Fine
Green = Uncommon
Blue = Rare
Purple = Epic
Orange = Legendary

Is this still true. (1st to come up with a new name for full orange gladiators win's an internet)

yeah I remember that, and pumpkin sounds right too :)

that or a juicer :P (orange. juice. get it? lawl)

and whatever the F%#@ Apocalypse is.

I am awesome and eternal... oh, and modest too :P

Nate
03-27-2012, 07:07 AM
that or a juicer :P (orange. juice. get it? lawl)

I think just plain 'ol OJ, I mean anyone called OJ could probably cut through flesh and bone with nothing but a knife...

CaineDeSoulis
03-27-2012, 07:11 AM
probably lol

Nate
03-27-2012, 07:17 AM

Now we just need something tangible to fight over.

I couldn't agree more! Eric and I have been having conversations regarding this very thing. It is still in the early stages but we have thoughts to tie it into conquests and get clans involved. We've got some more nuts and bolts type updates we need to take care of here in the near future but after that we've got a whole "social" aspect we'd like to work on which will bring chat, clans, clan wars, team fights, world events, and whatever else we can think of that makes sense and is doable.

With the addition of conquests brings with it a "world" with territories, dungeons, cities, etc. These territories probably would be under the control of very powerful clans...or maybe that's just crazy talk! ;)

You are welcome to voice your suggestions over in the Suggestions forum if you have any ideas.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

crow
03-27-2012, 07:25 AM

Nothing will ever beat "Grape Ape" :) the newer managers won't know the humor and ire that term brought in the early days.

With 2 factions currently rising "Rage United" and "The Imperium" (Crow/Oedi). A "Friendly" political atmosphere is starting to develop based solely off of competition. With all the challenges flying back and forth from both sides its starting to turn into a war. Iv'e had more fun in the past few weeks than I ever have had in the pits. Now we just need something tangible to fight over.

Have not heard the term "The Imperium" but I like it. I guess y'all figured out Oedi and I are working together. :)

whatever the F%#@ Apocalypse is.

No doubt that guy is a monster!!! I would spend a million in gold and 500 trophies to get one of him.

Lets Face it. The Great Realms is a Hellish Dystopian Nightmare world. Where Death/Disease/Famine and War are as common as dirt or sand. Now lets RULE IT.

Oedi and I are doing our best :)

CaineDeSoulis
03-27-2012, 07:46 AM
Imperium is roughly translated for "power to command". Considering the fact that 26 gladiators in the Primus fall under that banner. I Felt "Imperium" would be fitting to express the overwhelming manpower you have.

Prinny
03-27-2012, 09:10 AM
Im just going rogue with the Prinny Squad :cool: (although the stable currently isn't active lol)

Still hoping the Daemon race gets introduced to see if ill change Laharl to that just to have the race on him :p

Narol
03-27-2012, 09:21 AM
There is room for a third force uniting the independant lanisters who are not members of the 2 existing alliances, I think...

crow
03-27-2012, 01:28 PM
I think just plain 'ol OJ, I mean anyone called OJ could probably cut through flesh and bone with nothing but a knife...

I'm thinking of calling all Orange wearing glads "Jack-ass-O-Lanterns" Has a ring to it :)

Cynaidh
03-28-2012, 05:13 AM
The Imperium is rocking! I was just looking in the top 20 Primus you guys have 15 of the glads between the two of you!

Narol
03-28-2012, 12:01 PM
Time for rebellion !

crow
03-28-2012, 12:40 PM
Time for rebellion !

Hey Oedi!!! Sounds like we are the Evil Empire or something...Should I start calling you Vador!!!

Narol
03-28-2012, 12:55 PM
You dropped the mask, Emperor Palpatine !