PDA

View Full Version : New Races!

Nate
12-30-2011, 03:37 PM
Greetings Pit Masters!

Hope everyone has been enjoying the holidays and getting ready for a great 2012! Making good on an earlier promise to keep everyone more informed on what is in the oven cooking please see below for what yummy goodness is making its way to an arena near you!

First up, as you all know we'll be introducing female gladiators. This will be a purely aesthetic addition and there will be no difference between males and females in the arena in terms of combat.

Second up will be the introduction of non-Human races. Ever wonder what an Urk was? How about those pesky little Spites? Soon the wait will be over! Unlike gender, race will make a difference on the sands in terms of combat. All non-Human races have two positive bonuses and 1 negative penalty. Humans have just 1 positive bonus and no negative penalties. These bonuses and penalties aren't so severe that they will make or break a build but instead slightly vary it giving rise to potentially many more combinations within the same builds. For example:

The hulking beasts known as Trugs have such thick blood that bleeding wounds don't affect them as much causing them to bleed less than the other races. The average Trug stands close to 9 foot tall and weighs in at 500+ pounds giving these monsters more health than most of their opponents, however, that thick blood and mass comes at a price, Trugs are notoriously lazy, don't like to train, and as a result get winded incredibly easy. The rest of the non-Human races follow suit with their own advantages and disadvantages and have been designed in such a way as to avoid the typical stereotypes that pigeon hole a race into a certain specialty. A Raging Urk is just as viable as a Tanking Urk.

As always we never offer up exact release dates, however the updates should be live within the month of January. :)

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Apoca1ypse
12-30-2011, 06:47 PM
ooh!

will there be a list of what pro/con each race will get when they're released?

at any rate, I want Rage-Trugs :D

Cynaidh
12-30-2011, 08:04 PM
Oh wow that sounds great! Will we have a grace period perhaps to change our current glads race? (I'd assume with some type of trophie cost)

Nate
12-31-2011, 02:00 AM
will there be a list of what pro/con each race will get when they're released?

Yes. The bonuses and penalties will be known for each race.

at any rate, I want Rage-Trugs :D

Your wish will be granted.

Oh wow that sounds great! Will we have a grace period perhaps to change our current glads race? (I'd assume with some type of trophie cost)

The current plan is to have a grace period of a few days where players can change their gender and or race for a reduced cost and after the grace period the cost to change a gladiator's gender or race will be higher.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Apoca1ypse
12-31-2011, 03:03 AM
The current plan is to have a grace period of a few days where players can change their gender and or race for a reduced cost and after the grace period the cost to change a gladiator's gender or race will be higher.

Awesome sauce :D

crow
12-31-2011, 04:36 AM
ooh!, I want Rage-Trugs :D

Wow there's a shocking piece of news!! I wonder if there is ever a real conversation taking place at your stable or is it just a bunch of grunting and yelling :)

Apoca1ypse
12-31-2011, 07:23 AM
Pretty much just grunting and shouting. It gets louder when they get their mead and wenches.

Kharn is a clever one though and can form a sentence. He just finds it more fun to act all lowbrow :P

CaineDeSoulis
01-27-2012, 08:34 PM
January is almost up are we looking at a possible February release for the races? also the pro/con list hasnt been published yet is there anyway we could get that a little prior to release in which we can plan new builds?

also the lords have been fairly quiet as of late with no messages in over about 3 weeks from our overlord and about 2 weeks from the underlord.

Nate
01-29-2012, 07:10 AM
Gathering all these new races is a daunting task, unfortunately they never seem to want to voluntarily give up their freedom and become slaves, but fear not! The introduction of new races is still slated for a January release! In regards to the details of the new races, please see below for some information:

Human
* Bonus: Attack Power

Elaar
* Bonus: Disarm Resistance
* Bonus: Crit Effects Resistance
* Penalty: Less Health

Spite
* Bonus: Increased Crit Effects
* Bonus: Extra Defense
* Penalty: Less Damage

Dunder
* Bonus: Knockdown Resistance
* Bonus: Extra Damage
* Penalty: Slow Initiative

Urk
* Bonus: Stun Resistance
* Bonus: Extra Endurance
* Penalty: Less Defense

Snivler
* Bonus: Inflict Extra Bleeding
* Bonus: Fast Initiative
* Penalty: Less Health

Trug
* Bonus: Bleeding Resistance
* Bonus: Extra Health
* Penalty: Less Endurance

Cynaidh
01-29-2012, 03:40 PM
Nice! so looking forward to this!!! And i guess that means we get them tomorrow or the next day!!!!!!

crow
01-29-2012, 05:17 PM
Nate,
Is there going to be artwork associated with the races?..I have always enjoyed the artwork that goes along with the glads.

BlkTmplr
01-29-2012, 05:54 PM
The introduction of new races is still slated for a January release!

I think I speak for all the stable masters when I say... WOHOOOOO!!! :D