PDA

View Full Version : The Great Realm and Bordering Empires World Map

Eric
03-24-2012, 09:22 AM
The tease is finally over... well sort of! ;-)

I know you guys have been asking about conquests, and after a discussion with Nate. It was decided that we will start letting you guys in, slowly, to see what is being worked on.

The Basics

Conquests will be a PvE adventure mode that will allow you as the master of your stable to use a gladiator as an adventurer. Roaming the lands and enter certain regions in search of dungeons to explore. During those explorations there will be many encounters that will test your gladiator's skill and abilities as a combatant. If your gladiator is up to the challenge, able to complete the dungeon and slay the dungeons boss, he may just find himself rewarded with items that are legendary (I will let you guys speculate over what you think those will be, cause I am not telling!)

More details to come with future announcements on Conquests over the coming weeks.

For now, enjoy the World Map

http://www.pitofwar.com/images/_Teasers/pitofwar_worldmap_teaser.jpg

CaineDeSoulis
03-24-2012, 02:12 PM
Nice Map Dude!

Prinny
03-24-2012, 03:32 PM
Dibs on the ring at mount doom! XD

CaineDeSoulis
03-24-2012, 04:17 PM
one does not simply call dibs on mount doom

BlkTmplr
03-24-2012, 06:19 PM
That is some great cartography and fits with the color scheme of The Realm perfectly. :D

crow
03-24-2012, 07:26 PM
Let's see where should I call home. I guess anywhere I want....anyone have any issues with that. :)

Eric
03-24-2012, 08:12 PM
Let's see where should I call home. I guess anywhere I want....anyone have any issues with that. :)

Seeing that you have half the realms population in your stables, I am leaning toward giving you your own region!

crow
03-24-2012, 08:17 PM
Seeing that you have half the realms population in your stables, I am leaning toward giving you your own region!
Sweet!!!
Just make sure it is fully stocked with loose women, and Rye and Barley fields to make lots and lots of Beer!!!

Also I only make up half the population of the Primus :) The rest of region just cheers my glads name. I just sit in the background counting gold and looking at fine ladies!!

Dainoji
03-24-2012, 09:24 PM
Wow, awesome looking map! It really starts to make me think of where all the different races came from, and who are the "bordering empires"? Is the Great Realm just the area around the arena icon?

Eric
03-25-2012, 05:45 PM
Sweet!!!
Just make sure it is fully stocked with loose women, and Rye and Barley fields to make lots and lots of Beer!!!

Also I only make up half the population of the Primus :) The rest of region just cheers my glads name. I just sit in the background counting gold and looking at fine ladies!!

Always with the liquor and whores with you! LMAO

Nate
03-25-2012, 07:10 PM
The story around the Great Realm is there are a band of four Spites making their way to the large volcano at the middle of the map, but a nasty Snivler is stalking their everymove and they are being chased by an angry army of Urks controlled by an evil wizard. Along the way they are helped and hurt by Humans and given shelter by the Elaar and at one point in the distant past one of the Spite's Uncle's was traveling with a group of Dunder and almost eaten by a few Trugs!

What do you guys think of the back story? Should we roll with it or doesn it sound like a silly children's story? ;)

Team Ziggler
03-25-2012, 07:31 PM
deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrpppp ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp.

Cynaidh
03-26-2012, 09:47 AM
The story around the Great Realm is there are a band of four Spites making their way to the large volcano at the middle of the map, but a nasty Snivler is stalking their everymove and they are being chased by an angry army of Urks controlled by an evil wizard. Along the way they are helped and hurt by Humans and given shelter by the Elaar and at one point in the distant past one of the Spite's Uncle's was traveling with a group of Dunder and almost eaten by a few Trugs!

http://i40.tinypic.com/2h496qs.jpg

Prinny
03-26-2012, 11:58 AM
Im sorry Nate but the story needs some more depth to it, this way the story is to short it needs to have atleast enough material to fill 4 books!! :D

Narol
03-26-2012, 12:07 PM
With a good film-maker, that story could be a blockbuster !

BlkTmplr
03-26-2012, 06:18 PM

What do you guys think of the back story? Should we roll with it or doesn it sound like a silly children's story? ;)

Sounds just like a lot of walking to me, always walking... :p

Narol
03-27-2012, 01:56 AM
Well, they could do part of the travel by the river, to speed up things...

Anyway, long walks go faster a problem when you do big strides !