PDA

View Full Version : Unarmed fighting school

Cynaidh
04-20-2012, 08:14 AM
So ya I really enjoyed our boxing matches a few months ago, and our threads about unarmed damage got me thinking what if there was a fighting school that specialized not only not using weapons, but not using armor also. So i fleshed it out a bit, i am sure this has zero chance of ever happening but I'd run one. :)

Martial Artist:

Teir 1
1 Hand Blunt (Fist is a 1 hand blunt)

Teir 2
Improved Unarmed Strike (str/agil)
Increases damage and lowers speed of Fist, scales with level

Sudden Glory (str/pres/chi)
Increases your gladiator's damage while his opponent is above 80% life as he tried to end the fight rapidly

Teir 3
Boot to the head (str/chi/size)
A swift kick to the head that can do one or more of the following a decent amount of damage, disarm, knock down, stun and blind.

Blinding Reflexes (agi/chi)
Increases your gladiator's initiative when wearing no armor

Swaying Defense (chi/agil)
Your gladiator inceases defense and damage absorption by pure speed and the power of his chi - only active when wearing no armor

Teir 4
Increased Strenght and speed (chi/stam)
By channeling his inner chi your gladiator has increased their Str/Agil, only active when wearing no armor
1 point = +1 str/agil
2 points = +3 str/agil
3 points = +7 str/agil
4 points = +13 str/agil
5 points = +17 str/agil
6 points = +21 str/agil
7 points = +25 str/agil
8 points = +30 str/agil
9 points = +45 str/agil
10 points = +65 str/agil

Increased Mental skills (chi/agil)
By channeling his inner chi your gladiator has increased their int/Chi, only active when wearing no armor
1 point = +1 int/Chi
2 points = +3 int/Chi
3 points = +7 int/Chi
4 points = +13 int/Chi
5 points = +17 int/Chi
6 points = +21 int/Chi
7 points = +25 int/Chi
8 points = +30 int/Chi
9 points = +45 int/Chi
10 points = +65 int/Chi

Increased Physical presence skills (chi/pres)
By channeling his inner chi your gladiator has increased their stam/pres, only active when wearing no armor
1 point = +1 stam/pres
2 points = +3 stam/pres
3 points = +7 stam/pres
4 points = +13 stam/pres
5 points = +17 stam/pres
6 points = +21 stam/pres
7 points = +25 stam/pres
8 points = +30 stam/pres
9 points = +45 stam/pres
10 points = +65 stam/pres

Teir 5
A Giant among men (chi)
Your gladiators control of his chi is almost complete, he has increased his physical size due to his total control of his body
1 point = +1 Size
2 points = +2 Size
3 points = +3 Size
4 points = +4 Size
5 points = +6 Size
6 points = +8 Size
7 points = +10 Size
8 points = +13 Size
9 points = +17 Size
10 points = +20 Size

Returning blow (str/agil/pres)
Your gladiator is skilled at catching an opponents attack and redirecting the attack back upon his attacker.

Full Control (chi)
Your chi has fully developed turning your body into to the perfect fighting machine increasing your offensive and defense power.

Teir 6
Regeneration (stam/chi)
Your increased metabolism heals you slightly at the end of each round.

Not 100% on all the exact numbers but was trying to come up with something that could offensive or defensive and be fun to run.

MrEpik
05-27-2012, 06:12 PM
I really see potencial in martial arts, but not as a stand alone class, but a school with 3 classes.

Like we have now, a class for pure dmg (RAGE), a more defensive school(WAR) and a mixed one(THEATRICS).

For example, a shaolin monk is balanced in training, in Muai thai you train to take a ridiculous amount of dmg and as a boxer you pack a mean punch.

It could also bring another deept to fighting and gladiator value.

As it stands now a gladiator with only high inteligence and chi aint worth much, maybe he can be very good in a "shaolin monk" kind of fighting....
Not dealing much dmg but ignoring armor and disarming opponents as part of his skill set.

Stamina and agility are very good on a Muai thai fighter, maybe he can dmg you well, but what decides match most of the time is the dmg to a fighter stamina.
Maybe he can lower your stamina and aim to win fights trough KO or exaustion.

A boxer is just way more straight foward, like the classes we see now size agility and strength crushing faces...

And these are just 3 examples, that are different between themselves and could bring something different to the game (especially the monk type, i think some ok gladiators under this school would reach primus easily). Other types of fighting could be more fitting and easily work.

And i give these 3 examples as mere guidelines, just to put under analisys...

Nate
05-27-2012, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, I've had the idea for unarmed combat on the todo list for awhile, but it will not likely be in the form of a school or specialty, but more likely a skill for a specialty. Thanks again for the suggestions and ideas, keep 'em coming!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-