PDA

View Full Version : Attack damage and description

Garlic88
04-10-2012, 05:25 AM
Hi. I've just started this game yesterday. Really enjoying the concept and artwork, but im finding one thing is troubling me at the moment. I have a snivler theatric, and im losing a hell of a lot, usually to people lower level than me and with worse equipment. Eg my last fight against a human rage. im lvl 7, he's lvl 4, i had 2 green blades and green armour, he had a green flail and grey armour. Here's a brief description of the fight and you'll get the gist of my problems:

"my guy looks for a place to hide her face after the embarrassing hit to enemy's upper arm. (+7 Damage)"

"Bad thrust brushes by enemy's arm and hits the arena wall. (+9 Damage)

enemy guy: "Deft strike to the abdomen destroys several useful organs! (+100 Damage)"

my guy's "missed attack causes a wave of laughter to ripple through the crowd."

"enemy smiles after the magnificent hit to EZPLEENA's lower arm! (+129 Damage)"

The fight lasted 47 seconds...

Come on what's going wrong??? My main strategy is slashing at enemy head, activity 3, bloodlust 6, using 2 green blades, defending my torso (haven't parried anything yet tho!). So far i've trained 2 full points in blades, 1 in strength, 1 in intellect, and 2 in called shot (which i hear was a bad move, i had the impression i'd be chopping off people's head by now but nay...)

Dainoji
04-10-2012, 05:44 AM
Welcome to the game Garlic88!

You are facing a common question many new players have. Pit of War is unlike other games where your gear is the most important factor. Equipment is still important but with PoW your strategy and build are key. Focus on training your weapon, don't train anything else until you are at least 5, I often go to 7 but some managers will go to 10 until training anything else. Rage gladiators have an advantage at the lower levels once they unlock the fighting style "berserk" as it gives them more attacks but soon you'll unlock "Counterstrike" if you haven't already and that will allow you to match the Rage's attacks tit for tat in many cases. If you are not running out of endurance I would up your activity level to about 5, and drop your blood lust down to 5. Until you get more skill in your weapon accuracy will be more important and 5/5 is a good balance if your glad can handle it.

Oedi is the resident Theatrics expert and has written a great guide that you might want to check out.

http://forum.pitofwar.com/showthread.php?332-Theatrics-Gladiator-Guide-by-Oedi

Other than that, don't sweat the early losses the more your build gets fleshed out and the more strategy rows you unlock you'll get more control over your gladiator and see much better results.

Cynaidh
04-10-2012, 05:47 AM
Hello there! Welcome to the game.

If this is your starter gladiator, normally they don't have the best stats in the world, and are more for getting a feel for the game in my opinion. What you might have ran into is a slave bought in the slave market with a very large strength this will allow a two handed using rage like you are fighting there to have huge crushing blows.

As for how to build and run your glad for your theatrics I'd highly suggest reading Oedi's guide to theatrics

http://forum.pitofwar.com/showthread.php?332-Theatrics-Gladiator-Guide-by-Oedi

Their are guides for the other styles in their forums also if you are interested in trying rage or warrior.

Just in my opinion I'd up his activity level to at least 6, and concentrate on your blades skill till its at least at 8 (as your weapon skill gets higher then your activity level feel free to raise your activity level), your weapon skill is one of the most important skills early on for hitting your opponent and doing damage on those hits. For my own glads i take it to 10 before i even start training anything else, I have found its that important.

Cynaidh
04-10-2012, 05:49 AM
ROFL Dainoji, at least we where spot on similar :)

Dainoji
04-10-2012, 05:53 AM
Hahaha, nice! Well Garlic88, there you have it! ;)

Garlic88
04-11-2012, 02:40 AM
Thanks for the quick response guys! Unfortunately i am running out of endurance as well, but hopefully when ive trained my blades up a bit I should be ok.

Apoca1ypse
04-11-2012, 03:07 AM
if you're tiring out, wind down your activity and bloodlust a notch