PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the heaviest armour

Kreegan
04-09-2012, 12:39 AM
The heaviest armour pieces are currently too restrictive while offering next to no benefits compared to the lighter types. The second heaviest armour set - the plate mail - weights 47 in total if all pieces are equipped. In comparison, the full plate mail set (the heaviest one) weights 57.5 and offers just marginally better protection compared to the plate mail set, the chest pieces in particular usually have the same armour value. The full plate leg guards are especially unattractive with weight of 11 each - the full armour set of most Rages weights less than that - and frankly I haven't seen anybody using them. Given that it's very hard to equip a War with full heavy armour set without encumbering him (I have one with 80 basic Strength and 80 Size and he can't equip any full heavy armour set and a weapon without becoming encumbered), nobody will ever pick more than one or two of heaviest pieces - usually the arm guards and the helmet - just because they only weight down the gladiator without improving his defenses. I suppose this was overlooked during the design so I suggest the heaviest armour to be seriously improved - no less than 25% additional armour value compared to the next heaviest type - so it can become at least consideration-worthy. Right now it looks more like a fashion attribute added for the sake of diversity.

Prinny
04-09-2012, 04:31 AM
Plate mail is lighter than Full plate mail while giving the same armour benefit (at least it does for the purple gears)

It's a choice you have to make, Laharl is on 27% weight now (Before the changes made he was on 24% if i recall correctly) and I refuse to bring his armour rating down to a lesser type of mail.

The ones most effected by the encumberment are the defensive types with their 14 weight shields which really cuts into the %'s no matter how big they are a fully equiped defensive war with this shield wont be able to avoid getting over 25% unless you are giving him some serious boosts to size with achievements and strength.

Kreegan
04-09-2012, 07:10 AM
My point is that the full plate mail pieces offer no advantages compared to the regular plate mail, only additional encumbrance. Hence if they are to remain that heavy, they should at least offer better protection. Wars in full heavy armour usually struggle against the much faster Rages and even Theatrics, from what I see even most of the Primus Wars combine heavy and medium armour to remain somewhat mobile. There's no point to equip super-heavy armour if your only achievement will be that you'll become... heavier.