PDA

View Full Version : Weapons and matching fighting styles

Kolodis
04-05-2012, 02:44 PM
I'm still relatively new to this game, but I thought I'd post a compilation of which weapons go w/ each of the basic fighting styles (bash, lunge, slash and their corresponding parries). It's mostly common-sense, but hey, why not?

Slash - One-handed and two-handed swords. all weapons of the exotic family (except trident perhaps, not enough experience w/ them). All polearms save for the staffs. Maybe one-handed and two-handed axes.
Slash seems to be most effective for blades and exotic weaponry. Polearms are fairly effective. I think I have seen other glads use slash for axes, but I am not sure.

Bash- All polearms. All axes, one-handed and two-handed. All maces and flails, one-handed and two-handed. All shields.
Fairly effective for polearms. Axes and maces are obviously very effective with this style. Shields are mediocre, but the other styles are worse for shields (although they can technically be used in slash and lunge styles, damage seems to decrease substantially in my experience.)

Lunge- All polearms. All swords, one-handed and two-handed. All exotic weapons.
I have had good experience with polearms using this style. Blades are fairly effective. The only exotic weapon really effective with lunge seems to be the trident, the rest are mediocre but can work (not sure about cestus type weapons).

Comments and criticism welcome! Hope this helps other noobs like me.

Dainoji
04-06-2012, 03:20 AM
Don't slash with axes, they are a bashing weapon. A slash is kind of a sweeping motion in the attempt to draw as much of the blade across the target as possible. Axes are like clubs with a heavy weighted blade on them and when you bash with an axe it is more commonly called a chop.

Kolodis
04-06-2012, 11:17 PM
Don't slash with axes, they are a bashing weapon. A slash is kind of a sweeping motion in the attempt to draw as much of the blade across the target as possible. Axes are like clubs with a heavy weighted blade on them and when you bash with an axe it is more commonly called a chop.

Bash is definitely the best style for axes. I simply put them in the slash category just in case it was possible to slash with them since I wasn't sure. Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback!