PDA

View Full Version : All you Total Parry Tanking gladiators...

RevDEAD
01-12-2011, 08:39 AM
Go back to your crochet chairs and knit me a sword cozy. Seriously, how can you be proud of your "impressive" win to loss record when you're a little b!tch? I didn't know the Arena allowed eunuchs in the ring? Where's your balls, boyo? Yeah, Spiritual Pain and Lords Fury of DEATH FACTION, I'm looking at you.

Seriously. Total Parry tanking is the antithesis of being a gladiator. If I was a spectator I'd be leading a group of rioters down from the seats to cut your f#$king head off, then we'd continue up the chain of command until all the entrails of those who allowed your very existence on the hallowed field of COMBAT (not your whiney-whiney-sissy-boy-shield-hiding tactics) were dangling from the Arena's rafters.

Man up you poncey gits!

Hand of God
01-12-2011, 03:47 PM
Yeah, Spiritual Pain and Lords Fury of DEATH FACTION, I'm looking at you

Did my boys put a dent in your win/loss record? Just wondering why you would single me out. If your relatively new to the Elite ladder, welcome to the way of life near the top.
I couldn't agree with you anymore that a monkey could build a war tank and have 1 tactic and 1 tactic only. A warrior with garbage attributes and garbage weapons/armor and end up snoozing his way to a near 70% win/loss record while taking out far superior gladiators who just don't have enough umph.

But this is the current state of the game and in order to survive you either adhere or fight the losing fight for the most part.
But I can honestly say, that both Lords Fury and Spiritual Pain will just as easily lay the smackdown as easy as the can parry. Both transformed from heavy hitting offensive fighters to snoozers.
I will agree many tanks have just the total parry and lots of stamina and not much else, outside of a few.
I can also say by fighting with total parry's I have a real good understanding in how to beat them with a non tank fighter. By creating them I've learned how to defeat them also.

Also, the total parry tactic is way way to strong, no way should a high endurance warrior with poop attributes be able to parry nearly 100% of the attacks from a much more intelligent and dominant fighter. But that is how the game plays so far and until it is leveled out you will run into tanks all the time.
At least 50% of the top 15 Elites are built on the tank platform, although the top 3 are not and they are true tank busters.
So there you have it.

Blackwill
01-13-2011, 02:42 PM
Well said...and I admire the civility in your response.

I can appreciate the frustration felt when going up against a snoozer....I just fought a battle so boring, my gladiator committed suicide rather than face another day playing pat-a-cake in the arena.

At the same time, I also agree that the Total Parry technique is game-breaking. When I have a Strength 85 glad decked out in so much purple he looks like The Grape Ape, on AL 10 and BL 10, there should be no way an AL 1/ BL 1 tanker can block each and every shot. My guy is throwing 10 to 1, presumably....and at Activity Level 1, my opponent is blocking them all WITHOUT using up the same amount of Stamina. At the very least, the defender should be using 2/3 the amount of stamina to block a barrage like that.

It's un-balanced, and needs to be fixed.

As an aside: What's the story with all these Tanks running around with 137 + dpr weapons, when all they do is lean up against them whilst napping?

Dainoji
01-13-2011, 08:38 PM
This has already been beat to death here - http://forum.pitofwar.com/showthread.php?79-Outclassed

Nate
01-14-2011, 04:58 AM
http://forum.pitofwar.com/showthread.php?116-Game-changes-on-the-horizon

Arkham
01-14-2011, 07:15 AM
By reading the description of activity level, it looks like a defensive warrior would need to have some digits in activity to keep up that kind of defense. If the overmind was looking for a logical way to help satisfy the balance between defense and offense, this might be the ticket.

oystein
01-26-2011, 12:49 AM
I thought it was pretty funny to read the highlights when in TANK mode - made a big difference but it also turned the fight into something completely unpredictable...