PDA

View Full Version : Stable Upgrades

rebelswithout
04-02-2012, 08:17 PM
I'm frugal with my hard-to-come-by trophies. Some of the upgrades for the stable switch between gold and trophies on different levels. For example, I just spent the gold to upgrade my Armoury to its fourth level, granting me a 7% reduction in repair costs in the blacksmith. The next level grants me a 33% reduction, but it costs 195 trophies. I'm wondering if I decide to go for it, what lies ahead. Is the next upgrade yet a greater reduction, or does it flip back to more weapons and armor in my Armoury? What will the rest of the upgrades cost - gold or trophies - and how much?

Pitting against the Armoury upgrade for 195 trophies is the Undertaker upgrade also for 195 trophies and the Doctor for a (relatively) mere 95 trophies. The Doctor is really tempting, but again, what lies ahead? What will the further upgrades cost?

Advice would be more than welcome, but I'm what I'm really hoping for is that someone would be wiling to list out the levels of the Armoury and Doctor - what they do and what they cost. This would be immensely appreciated.

Thank you,
J

HipsterD
04-02-2012, 09:35 PM
I'm sure there are people who can speak on the behalf of both Armory and Doctor (haven't taken either past what I can get for gold)...the undertaker, however, is very handy. My glads get killed on such a regular basis that I don't think they would ever fight a fight with out the death illness had I not gotten the undertaker, no buyer's remorse.

Prinny
04-02-2012, 10:35 PM
I have all the stable upgrades maxed exept for the scribe.

I would suggest to go fot the undertaker first, the Death Illness can be incredibly annoying and upgrading it to it's full level will remove this annoyance completely.

If you go for the armoury it will greatly help in reduce the expenses you pay for your armor upkeep and will be valuable especially when you switch to purple gears. the costs for the armoury in trophies rise with each level upgrade though, If i remember correctly the last level costs about 450 trophies.

Last there is the doctor, in my opinion it is of no great use unless you upgrade it atleast 2 outof the 3 times. Also with the newest addition of the auto healing of injuries in the temple which doesnt cost alot of trophies per month you will be in for a cheaper deal unless you run your stable for a couple of years exept if you want to upgrade it for saving up more gold.

Hope that helps abit~

Apoca1ypse
04-02-2012, 10:50 PM
lvl 6 armory gives a 66% reduction in repair costs 495 trophies.

by far the best upgrade imo is the undertaker as it eliminates death sickness.

Narol
04-03-2012, 05:01 AM
I would strongly recommand the undertaker as the death penalty is really a hindrance...

The doctor is not that useful, I would rather recommand Armory level 5 as the next update to choose after the undertaker, especially if you have gold problems to pay all your repairs.

rebelswithout
04-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Thank you everyone for the advice. It seems pretty unanimous. Sadly, I don't think I can afford the Undertaker after all. I overestimated how many trophies I can get. God the trophies are frustrating! I'll definitely keep this in mind though, and hopefully some day I can achieve enough trophies to get the Undertaker. Thanks again, everybody!

Can I ask one more question, please? It's unrelated but I don't want to start a new thread for it. Under "Messages" there's the section "News". What's the significance of this? I can't tell what use it is.

Prinny
04-03-2012, 10:48 PM
It isn't of a huge significance but to me it helps sometimes in noticing straight away if my glads were challenged or not and as a help with achievements.

HipsterD
04-03-2012, 10:49 PM
The news is sort of like FOX news, useless. With the main difference of PoW news is actually fact. Yesterday's black market top 10 and what ever items are dropped at all arena challenges and tavern contracts (never quite could figure out the purpose of this).