PDA

View Full Version : Back up weapons...

Cynaidh
03-27-2012, 11:12 AM
Be kinda cool to have 2 back up weapon slots (works just like hands you could put 2 one-handed weapons in there or 1 two-handed weapon) if your disarmed your glad would first check to pick up his main weapon, if not he would use an attack to draw his backup weapon for that hand (if you carried one) before the random weapons get "thrown" / "found". The "stats" of the weapons wouldn't apply unless they become equipped, but the weight of the weapons would count against encumbrance/initiative.

It would also be interesting to have it be an action in strategy to drop your main weapon and draw your backup weapon. Example would be a Theatrics with 2 swords but on trigger "Opponent is Rage" the action would be to drop the off hand sword and equip a shield carried in the offhand backup weapon slot.

I think it could add a lot to the strategy part of setting up your gladiator.

Kreegan
03-28-2012, 05:41 AM
I've been thinking about something similar, it could add a lot of flavour to the battle planning AND make War's Master of Arms pretty attractive.

Dainoji
03-28-2012, 07:35 AM
It would make disarm and dropping your weapon pretty useless

Cynaidh
03-28-2012, 07:50 AM
I don't know if I'd say useless, they would only have 1 backup weapon so it would be only for the first disarm/drop of the fight. Also the glad who had the backup weapon paid the price for carrying that spare weapon in encumbrance, which made him have a lower initiative.