PDA

View Full Version : Being slaughtered in Primus!

oystein
03-15-2012, 11:48 PM
Title says it all - Since entering PRIMUS my gladiator is on a massive losing streak and I cant seem to overcome it. Really annoying, and expensive. Now, I know the bottom 25 or so is very close to each other, but my % has dropped from 51% to 48% FAST.

:confused:

BlkTmplr
03-16-2012, 12:39 AM
Yeeeep, Primus is brutal when you first arrive. I found it gets a little easier when your glad gets to lvl 45+.

oystein
03-16-2012, 01:45 AM
Yeeeep, Primus is brutal when you first arrive. I found it gets a little easier when your glad gets to lvl 45+.

I have been at level 50 for some time now - doesn't help. I must be doing something very wrong :-(

Cynaidh
03-16-2012, 05:33 AM
Hi oystein,

I've gone against Conan several times and never really thought he was doing that bad.

I just took a look at him, they only thing i see is your missing 2 of what i consider key skills for rage, brute force and armor movement, I'd probably strip the points out of devastating power and crippling might and put them in to those two skills (the auto-heal really reduced them in power i think). I also noticed you have mace/axe and 2-handed weapon both at high levels, i take it your considering changing out of 2-handed weapon like a lot of us? If so not a bad move at all I'd say, and you can use those 2-handed weapon points once you swap over to max out your last stand and other skills and you'd be very competitive then i'd think.

Narol
03-16-2012, 06:40 PM
Primus is really a tough place, 50% is already a good W/L ratio and it's normal to lose often on your first fights... The same happened to me but after some changes it's starting to get better...

Test new strategies, get better gear, buy achievements, raise stats... Every detail counts and can make a difference when you fight the best of the best, and each victory in Primus has a special taste !

Dainoji
03-18-2012, 08:44 PM
I'm absolutely loving the Primus bracket, it's brutal and a real challenge to break into that top 10 let alone top 5 or gain the #1 spot. In the previous brackets if you stick around long enough you'll eventually get to the top if you can manage to win around 50% or so of your fights. Not so in Primus, if you want to be at the top 50% won't cut it, and it shouldn't when you're talking about the best of the best. It has also made me pick and choose my fights a lot more instead of just hitting the fight button. This combined with alliances now forming to challenge opposing factions gladiators to try and hand them numerous losses and push them down the rankings is awesome. Don't get discouraged Oystein, I'm thinking of changing Thunder Lips name to Yo-Yo since she seems to bounce between the 10-30 spots! It's tough to stay up there!

oystein
03-19-2012, 05:15 AM
Hi oystein,

I've gone against Conan several times and never really thought he was doing that bad.

I just took a look at him, they only thing i see is your missing 2 of what i consider key skills for rage, brute force and armor movement, I'd probably strip the points out of devastating power and crippling might and put them in to those two skills (the auto-heal really reduced them in power i think). I also noticed you have mace/axe and 2-handed weapon both at high levels, i take it your considering changing out of 2-handed weapon like a lot of us? If so not a bad move at all I'd say, and you can use those 2-handed weapon points once you swap over to max out your last stand and other skills and you'd be very competitive then i'd think.

Thanks! Ill make some of those changes for sure, as I am still on a bad losing streak :-)

Prinny
03-19-2012, 12:30 PM
Jinrou just now fought Conan for the first time and exhausted Conan in 5 seconds lol.

Probably the combination of high activity/bloodlust and Jinrou's Show Off but I would try to tweak Conan to being able to last atleast the second round against Jinrou in terms of endurance.