PDA

View Full Version : Cormac in Primus !

Narol
03-13-2012, 05:11 AM
I'm proud to announce that my young boy Cormac Martigan reached Primus today at only level 40, which makes him one of the lowest level warriors so far to have had that honor (but Varurk still holds the record and probably will for a long time...)

Cormac accomplished that with only green armor and 2 purple weapons that he paid with trophies earned in game, which makes me even prouder !

He is the first gladiator from my "free-to-play" team New Tigers to reach Primus, but his stable brother Walter shouldn't be long to follow his path...

I only paid real money 3 times for that team and my playing budget being limited I'm now only spending money on my main team Bloody Tigers which has already 4 guys in Primus competing for the first places (without much success so far, lol).

If my example can help the other free players, I'll detail that :

First time I spent money was to create the team, getting room for 5 gladiators in it and searching the slave market for 5 good ones.

Second time was to get the Undertaker level 2 (death sickness is a mood killer), Armory level 5 (to have all weapons and reduce a little the repair cost), doctor level 1 and the Scribe (I like to be abble to check my past fights to see if I can improve my strategies). That was a limited expense of real money that allowed my stable to run smoothly and have enough gold each day to pay the healings and repairs... I usually even have enough gold left after that to buy a few greens...

Third time was to pay the entrance to their first Blood Games for Cormac and Walter, I had already spent all my trophies earned in game to buy purple weapons.. Honestly, it was not a necessary expanse but I felt my 2 young boys had earned the right to compete and didn't want to deprive them of that chance.

So, with a moderate initial expense, you can play the game smoothly and have a chance to reach the top level. It just takes a lot more time, unless you have found a really good gladiator (well, DW rages like Cormac also have a edge in the lower brackets so it helps a lot bringing them to the top fast... after that it's a different story)

I don't expect Cormac to do very good in Primus for the moment, he's too young for the competition there with only 88 skill points yet, but you can't refuse the honor to be in Primus. With time an patience, I hope to be abble to spare enough trophies to buy him better gear and then who knows how high he can go...

Cynaidh
03-13-2012, 07:15 AM
Grats!!! Making it at 40 is amazing! now ya get to settle down and work on your build or at least thats what i am doing with Varurk.

Narol
03-13-2012, 07:43 AM
Thanks Cynaidh !

Yeah, I noticed that Varurk had a hard time too when he reached Primus, especially against my "magic four" (Siam, Slim, Kaspar, Larshamir)

And Ivory seems to follow the same trail... Speed ragers climbs fast and are the most effective build in the lower brackets, but it's totally different in Primus and they suffer a lot against defensive wars, Counterstriking/knockout theatrics and even 2H-Power Ragers who get them down in just one hit !

Varqus and Prey seems to do well however, so maybe it will be better when our young guys get older...

BlkTmplr
03-13-2012, 09:16 AM
With the little bit of power lvling I did with Ivory yesterday and hopefully a few more skill trains she should be well on her way to being competitive in Primus. :D

Narol
03-13-2012, 03:39 PM
0-5 on the first 5 fights of Cormac in Primus... I knew he wasn't ready...

His first fight was against Laharl and he didn't even scored a successful hit on him for the whole match ! Long is the road...

Narol
03-13-2012, 03:53 PM
After 10 defeats in a raw, Cormac finally got his first win in Primus, and against Oedi !

Never lose hope !

Narol
03-13-2012, 03:56 PM
2 more wins against Blarg and Ivory... Seems Ivory didn't power-levelled enough yet, hehe...

BlkTmplr
03-13-2012, 06:41 PM
Nope, just enough to get her there. She will old-school lvl from now on and hopefully the last 20 or so skill trains wont take -too- long.