PDA

View Full Version : Evolving game

crow
03-10-2012, 08:37 AM
Been thinking of how this game has changed in dynamics over the year. About this time last year the way to go was having a counterstriking theatrics loaded up with as much agility as possible and using a cestus or kris or maybe a dagger. Of course for balancing reasons Nate nerfed this a bit, by limiting the number of attacks vs. # of opponent attacks for counter strikers. Also about the same time weapon deflections seemed to happen alot more. But recently it seems deflections are not happening as much. Except a for a few glads that carry shields and are loaded up in defensive power. Even a War's heavy armor does not deflect hardly any shots from a beserking blade speed rage. Back six months ago, 50% or more of a speed rages attacks would have just bounced off the armor of war and about 40% off a theatrics armor. Now these numbers are alot less.
Of course 2handers were left out in the cold once players started discovering the benefits of Create Distance level 10. But this has been balanced a bit. I believe for the positive.

Then this fall the use of the bastard sword became the weapon of choice for almost any blade using glad. This weapon hit almost as hard as 2handed weapons with the added benefit of 2-3 strikes per round. This has been nerfed a bit too much now, especially when you see gladius swords hitting harder than them on a regular basis.

Well this was a just few things I have been seeing. Any of the other vet manager's remember a few of the changes I am leaving out. please note.

Dainoji
03-11-2012, 03:22 AM
For the record bastard swords deliver far more and bigger crits than the smaller swords, I think people are focusing too much on damage alone. They also crack through heavy armor a lot better than the smaller swords. It's give and take.