PDA

View Full Version : You won battle and you are dead o.O??

yawa
01-10-2011, 01:20 AM
It's simple WTF? o.O
My gladiators won battles, they crashed oponents to zero hp... and what happend?
I get mail that my gladiator is dead... o.O
And I had to pay 230 gold :/

So plz tell me what te hell is going on? ;]

Nate
01-10-2011, 01:34 AM
Hi Yawa,

Can you please give more details and include what gladiator and fight you are talking about.

Did you die doing an Arena Challenge or did you die fighting another player in the arena?

What kind of email did you get? When a gladiator dies there is no email sent out...

Thanks Yawa!

-Nate-

Nate
01-10-2011, 01:40 AM
So I went and looked at tonight's fights and saw that your gladiator Yautohol died fighting Kraken. Is this the fight you are talking about? Everything looks fine. At the end of the fight Yautohol had 0 health and Kraken had 320 health.

In case you didn't know if you click on the little green square with the orange + you can see both gladiator's health and endurance. The green bar is health and the yellow bar is endurance.

Please let me know if this answer's your question and if you are still confused please let me know and I'll help you out again. :)

Thanks!

-Nate-

yawa
01-10-2011, 02:28 AM
Ahh ok my fault... it was challenge, first time i had something like that... I was always wondering why there is an option to challenge somone but there is no record in Arena--->My figths with that guy ;]
I'm always challenge somone but I never had figth with that guy or i just never realise it that those fights are in "Arena Results"
So fights are in 12h period with random ppl right? So how challenge works?

Nate
01-10-2011, 03:39 AM
Hi Yawa,

The 2 daily fights (the ones every 12 hours) are against other players. Your gladiators are matched up against other gladiators around your same rank. The challenge and avoid list you see on the Fight Strategy screen are the 10 gladiators above you and 5 below you in the rankings.

When a lot of gladiators are ranked very closely the group of gladiators that you can be matched up against can be large, so it is possible to fight someone not in the challenge or avoid list. Those two lists are useful to you as a Master because it gives you control over who you will and will not fight. Challenging someone doesn't give you a guarantee you will fight the gladiator you choose but it gives you a chance that you will. This can become useful when you know you can beat a certain gladiator, or maybe you want to avoid someone you know always beats you or is picking on you, etc. It is also good if you use it in combination with the scouting reports. You can find out if your potential challenge has any serious injuries and if so you can aim for them so you'll do more damage and increase your chances of winning.

Hope that answers your questions! :)

Good Luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Jaradakar
01-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Thanks for that Nate, I've been meaning to get around to asking about the Challenge/Avoid lists. I've set them a few times but because I never fought who I selected I thought it might be broken.

Do you auto avoid the person you're trying to avoid? Or does it just increase your chances that you won't fight them, but can still potentially end up against them?

Also, I would love to see your response get moved into the FAQ section :-)

yawa
01-10-2011, 12:27 PM
And i have another question... what u can get when u won challenge battle? My second char won battle and he get nothink for that... so what's thet sense to challenge when u get nothing and u can die and lost money for ressurect? ;]

Nate
01-10-2011, 06:13 PM
And i have another question... what u can get when u won challenge battle? My second char won battle and he get nothink for that... so what's thet sense to challenge when u get nothing and u can die and lost money for ressurect? ;]

You don't get anything like gold or trophies when you issue a challenge or avoid, instead you get strategic control over who your gladiator will fight which can ultimately lead to a better record. If you look at the more experienced Masters in the arena you'll find they leave little to chance and use the challenge and avoid options every day.

Nate
01-10-2011, 06:16 PM
Do you auto avoid the person you're trying to avoid? Or does it just increase your chances that you won't fight them, but can still potentially end up against them?

Very few things in PoW are automatic! ;) Choosing to avoid someone doesn't guarantee it but gives you a chance to do so. If they haven't challenged you then the chance is greater it will be granted. If they have challenged you, your avoid option can nullify their challenge but it is also not guaranteed.

Jaradakar
01-10-2011, 10:20 PM
Thank you Nate :-)

Heh, I suspected that was the case. How many rolls of chance happen in a single fight? The curious designer in me would love to know.

yawa
01-11-2011, 04:27 AM
WHat is the meaning to ressurect your hero? I lost already 550g on him to res. him twice. And becouse of his res sicknes im dead again...
If I'm dead I will res automatically after 24h and I will be cured from res sicknes? Or I must again and again res him with my money and always watching his defet in every battle and counting on a luck that he will win and will survive 24h to get rid of his res sicknes?

And another question why every time when I made quest in Tavern another one give me less XP and gold? I spend this same amount of energy so reward should be the same or atleast approximately the same :)

Nate
01-11-2011, 01:57 PM
Most people in this day and age don't like the idea of permanent death in a game, so the meaning behind resurrecting your gladiator is so you can still play with him. You don't have to though, you can choose to sell him at the Slave Market if you don't want to use him anymore.

Death sickness is a penalty for dying. If there was no penalty then there would no consequence whatsoever of having been killed since a player has the ability to resurrect their gladiators. It is a simple game mechanic to make death meaningful. You have ways to prevent Death Sickness, go to your Stable Upgrades section and go to the STAFF link and hire an Undertaker, he will reduce the penalty and eventually prevent it.

If you are dead you will not resurrect automatically after 24 hours, you must go to the Temple and ask the Elders to raise him. 24 hours after raising him his death sickness will be cured on its own.

The tavern quest XP and reward vary based on how much the person giving you the job wants to pay (some are richer than others). Sometimes they had a bad week and business was poor so they couldn't offer more. Other times there are so many eager gladiators who want to do jobs that the supply is high so they can offer less. If it is raining you might get paid more because then you have to pay to have your clothes dried, if it is really hot and sunny you might get paid more so you can afford to buy sunscreen since we all know it can help to prevent skin cancer. In the winter time you usually have to pay extra for a dog sleigh so the reward is more. Holiday's pay triple since the local union demands it and each year depending on where your gladiator is from you'll get up to 3 weeks of paid vacation and will not have to do any jobs. ;)

-Nate-