PDA

View Full Version : Power Leveling

Apoca1ypse
03-07-2012, 08:05 PM
so with the change in arena matches becoming 1T to have an extra fight, and the release of the memberships, it's possible to power level the crap out of your glad. note that top 10 glads cannot do this due to restrictions imposed by nate (which is a good thing)

last night, Caine, Blk and I had a laugh as I leveled up a new glad from a fresh lvl 1 to a lvl 50 that made it to the maximus top 10. Was an enjoyable 5 hours.

name: Arg (Hurricane Arg is what we started calling him last night on chat after the destruction he caused)
Stats: Strength 80 Intellect 69 Agility 70 Stamina 60 Size 89 Presence 62 Chi 63
cost: 963gp

tokens used: ~550 (lvl 50 at around 400 tokens)
training points (without kills): ~1250
net income: 195,000gp
final record: 416-184-30

** over 120 of the losses came from exhaustion. 60 stam is a ball breaker till ~lvl 45.

** hit a wall at top of primus for a little bit, then stalled out just short of the top 10 in maximus where he goes 50/50

spent 27 tokens on a membership, auto repair and auto heal.
new green loadouts were bought every 5 levels.
kills got me free fights.
changed to trug once he hit lvl 50 and had stam gear.

no skills have been maxed out. most are lvl 8 with some at 9.

now, while this was a fun exercise, I think the tokens would have been spent much better had they gone into an existing glad purely for the fact that it would have let me finish a build. compared to other lvl 50 glads, Arg has SFA trains as he has not done 6+ months worth of tavern runs. that's a metric fuckton he's missing out on!

hindsight: should have kept rarg and power leveled him instead. I was up for 240 trophies just to unlearn dud skills though which was rather unappealing.

so, while this gives someone with a wad of cash (or students with bad impulse spending habits like me) an easy way to lvl 50 and the pointy end of the arena, it is not going to make an uber glad unless someone is willing to throw down a further 1500+ trophies required to max out skills. The only person I have seen do this is Prinny who bought skills outright for Larhal (who didnt have a good build till he learnt about the game ) this method is much cheaper :P

It could lead to a new breed of uber glads made from established glads getting an injection of roids, but I doubt too many will become 100/100 trains and do all the stat boosts any time soon because it's still a huge investment, and the metagame is always changing (much faster now anyway)

Apoca1ypse
03-07-2012, 08:09 PM
yeah man, caine was telling me about that earlier today. brutal man. absolutely brutal. i had half a mind to do that myself. but seeing as how all of my dudes except for one are in the blood games, i cant sell any that i dont want. unfortunately fistulator didnt work as i had intended and completely forgot that she was competing. thats why i sold all of her gear...... :( so now its a massive drag on my otherwise all rage all the time stable...

I heard about fistulator. that sucks man. I almost did the same with kharn before I realised. my impatience to try this meant that I sold a better glad rather than wait and sell a crappy one... I have remorse there, but at least I had fun. monetarily it's not too different to playing a few games of paintball or a night out on the piss so whatever. Probably should have waited till AFTER payday though... now i have a week of living on the uber cheap...

Narol
03-07-2012, 09:05 PM
I didn't rushed and took the time to study the fights, so I only had the time to level Siam and Kaspar to level 46 so far (from level 42-43), I'll keep on tomorrow after my normal fights... I want to wait to reach level 50 to buy them "final gear" !

Climbing the ranks in Primus is tough with the new points system but I try...