PDA

View Full Version : Rankings

CaineDeSoulis
03-06-2012, 08:08 PM
I'm not sure where to begin with this. it seems that the penalty for losing is between 3-5 thousand while the reward for winning is 500-1000. It would appear to me that the days of Reigning Champions in the arena are over with this last update. even a 75% win ratio loses points currently. Also Prey,CaineDeSoulis and tourach will be in the 30's before this nights end lol. 1 trophy per fight is clearly pay to win.

Apoca1ypse
03-06-2012, 08:18 PM
i'm fine with people paying 1 trophy to have an extra fight. while it is not something i'd use, it actually is worth paying for now imo. also top 10 glads cannot purchase extra fights.

as for the loss penalty, i think it was fine as it was before. belgarad and kharn managed to catch up on the huge points advantages people had before, no reason others cant do the same.

the tricky thing is having a whole team taking up the top spots. they'll all be beating up on the same few glads from other stables also making a push while protecting each other. it's part of why Kaos was so hard to dethrone, and why Alpha Team cannot be shaken off now. sure, you take some points off #1, but #2 and #3 will scalp points back off you and we're back at square 1.

CaineDeSoulis
03-06-2012, 08:26 PM
i forgot about the top 10 not being able to fight with trophies.....My bad lol...we can probably delete this thread...i just watched my friend fight 50 times in a row.

CaineDeSoulis
03-06-2012, 08:34 PM
if anyone can challenge prey they should do that

Apoca1ypse
03-06-2012, 08:42 PM
anyone that isnt a theatrics glad that can fight wargh, do so :P

CaineDeSoulis
03-06-2012, 09:01 PM
disregard that i dropped his rank he'll be a fight again

CaineDeSoulis
03-06-2012, 11:52 PM
after fighting prey/caine and tourach nearly 100 times a piece and training a alot of skills up with 220 skill points each to spend. Caine has 2 skill trains left before being build complete, prey has 5 trains left and tourach has 9 trains left. between me and team ziggler i believe we had nearly 700 fights between us. one of his gladiators leveled up 7 times and took a skill from 7 to 10. Another gladiator went from 6-10. combined training with all my team yesterday yielded about 20 skill trains if not more. ended up 21st,22nd and 23rd (caine,prey,tourach) and you need to be winning at about 75% win ratio to "maintain" your current rank and move foward slightly.

I hope you realise with the ranking system as it is currently if Crow Decided to not fight echo or foxtrot at all he would probably be the arena champion for atleast 3 months.

Dainoji
03-07-2012, 12:19 AM
You can't choose not to fight, your gladiators will still get matched up and move up and down in the rankings based on the results of those fights. As far as 75% goes, I'm not seeing that in my tests.

BlkTmplr
03-07-2012, 12:24 AM
Easiest way to not fight is wait till your glad is dead and don't resurrect them apart from the compulsory Blood Games matches.

Dainoji
03-07-2012, 12:27 AM
I'm sure if someone decides to be a coward and try and and not fight Nate and Eric will just add something that makes gladiators avoiding the arena lose ranking points each day. Easy solution, problem solved, but I honestly don't see this as being a problem.

CaineDeSoulis
03-07-2012, 12:52 AM
I'll just throw some math out here for ya.

8 fights a day
75% win ratio

wins +1500 points (this figure is generous i know more often than not its closer to 1000)
losses -4000 points (ive seen 3 thousand point loss and 5 thousand points loss so we will avg. this)

6 wins

+9000 points total

2 losses

-8000 points

Daily net gain +1000 points

66% win rate.
8 fights per day

5 wins

+7500points

3 losses

-12000 points

total daily net gain: -4500 points

I guarantee that by friday the champion of the primus will have less than 390k points. unless the ranking system is changed again and unless crow doesent use his fight tokens.

Having said all that this change isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's just going to create a revolving door champion system. this also puts further importance on the blood games.

in regards to spending 1 trophy per fight if i wanted to remake azure tomorrow i could drop 80$ and make a level 50 gladiator with 1846 (Yes i did the math on this one) training points to spend on whatever i felt was necessary. This would be about 90/100 skill build complete gladiator. 1 maybe 2 skills at 10 and a few more at 9 and the rest 8-7. also you would either be in the Primus or Maximus. were talking about tomorrow having 1 day old gladiators entering the next blood games. are we as a community prepared for that?

CaineDeSoulis
03-07-2012, 12:54 AM
at Dain,

I'm not saying it WILL be a problem. i know crow enough to say that he wouldn't cower with the champions throne. but that it can be a problem. also the ranking issue only applies to the primus. also speaking of the primus i ended up matching with Tlips quite a bit in the hundreds and hundreds of fights i did a few hours ago and ended up dragging him down with me. Welcome to the bottom 20 where the party never stops ^_^. This also applies to Narvalo and Iranam my bad guys.

Apoca1ypse
03-07-2012, 01:41 AM
hmmm, sorely tempted to powerlevel a gladiator or 2 now.....

I dont think that the ability to power level is a bad thing really. if someone wants to drop cash on getting a tooled up glad fast, why not? they'll still have to fight against experience in the blood games.

BlkTmplr
03-07-2012, 01:45 AM
Without the knowledge and experience to run an effective gladiator I don't think all the money in the world would buy you the best.

CaineDeSoulis
03-07-2012, 01:45 AM
I feel ya there Apoc i have a free slot in the zombie stable just begging for a level 2handed rage to be there.

Apoca1ypse
03-07-2012, 01:48 AM
Without the knowledge and experience to run an effective gladiator I don't think all the money in the world would buy you the best.

Exactly! Larhal early on was not the most effective glad till prinny learnt more about the game.

It does make it much more appealing for older managers to start from scratch. hell, I'm tempted to sell kharn and make a new version that actually has decent stats.

CaineDeSoulis
03-07-2012, 01:52 AM
just the fact that I could make a new gladiator in my fifth slot and send 80$ nates way and have him fighting the alongside Caine/Prey/Tourach in ONE day. is just unbelievable. at one time 2 fights a day and 5 taverns was it. that was all the pits had to offer. to get someone to the top it took months and months. just to get out of fresh meat took 2-3 days. when going from 9-10 skill took atleast 1 month constant trains.

Apoca1ypse
03-07-2012, 01:53 AM
yeah, it will be kinda nice. 10 months to make it to primus was a PITA when considering to start a new glad.

Cynaidh
03-07-2012, 03:02 AM
WOW i didn't realize last night that it stayed at 1 trophie per fight!!!! So how many maxed out glad's are out there now? Do we have more Olympians?

Cynaidh
03-07-2012, 06:32 AM
Ya I can see already it has its draw backs though, your loosing out of of a lot of skill points by just dumping in trophies to get to max level, as you miss out on the 20 skill points from tavern fights every day.

I did just take Reeko from 41 to 50 though, just to do it :)

Apoca1ypse
03-07-2012, 06:53 AM
yeah missing out on the tavern trains hurts. still a cool concept though

CaineDeSoulis
03-09-2012, 08:22 AM
its friday the primus champion is under 400,000 points....