PDA

View Full Version : New Updates - Stable Memberships & More!

Nate
03-06-2012, 06:07 AM
We got a lot of feedback from everyone on the pace of the game since the last update and this update addresses many of your concerns and requests. Many players felt stressed by the quickened pace of the game, other enjoyed it. In order to strike a balance we've introduced many new features to help give you more control over how you want to play and manage your gladiators:

New Stable Memberships can be found on the Stable Upgrades screen![*=1]Double your Arena Tokens by enrolling in The Blood Academy![*=1]Double your Training Points by joining Skull's Gym![*=1]Increase your max energy to 100 at Fat Louie's Chop Shop![*=1] Earn more gold by becoming a member of the Merchant's Guild!

Arena Fight Tokens are awarded every 6 hours now!
Arena Fight Tokens cap increased to 12!
Additional arena fights cost reduced to only 1 trophy
Training Tokens are awarded every other contract at the Tavern!
Auto repair option at the Blacksmith!
Auto heal and rez option at the Temple!
Reduced cost for the 5th & 6th achievement slots!
Arena Fight Tokens drop in the Tavern now!
Auto Contract feature to help save you time!

In addition to the above there were also some balancing tweaks made, some more notable ones made are:

Increased bleed bonus for Snivlers
Increased chance to resist crits for Elaarans
Did a balancing pass on all the various gladiator builds helping those with obvious shortcomings and correcting unintentional overpowering ones.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

oedi
03-06-2012, 06:32 AM
Auto Contract feature to help save you time!

yeah, Ive been dreaming of this for a year, and the rest looks very promesing.
This made me very happy:D

Cynaidh
03-06-2012, 06:44 AM
If you get the memberships i see these being really nice:
-Will be able to do all tavern fights in one sitting now! nice! 100 energy is nice!!
-Fight token every 3 hours, IF you want it if not back to every 6 hours, should keep both sides happy
-more gold! can i say THANK YOU finally will be able to afford injury repairs on my 2nd team

only concern i see really is:
-Tavern fights only give you a training point every other fight without a membership. Why not just have every fight give a training point and if you have a membership you get 2, just seems like unnecessary clicking for people who don't do the memberships.

The auto repairs / heals will be nice for those that want to spend the trophies! Another nice add!

Did a balancing pass on all the various gladiator builds helping those with obvious shortcomings and correcting unintentional overpowering ones. <--- OMG here we go again what changed!!!!

Kreegan
03-06-2012, 07:04 AM
I think I'll have to develop a few killers now, trophies will be in short supply soon...
It will take some time to get used to these changes, that's for sure. I'm really curious what are the balance modifications though.

Rage Quit
03-06-2012, 11:17 AM
So basically all the new update is doing is halfing arena tokens and training points unless if u pay 25 trophies for the original amount, in which case u get gold and energy? Gonna need more trophies:(. Don't think I'm gonna have enough to be able to use the auto heal and repair stuff.

Narol
03-06-2012, 02:19 PM
Lots of good things and a few annoying ones in the update...

Fight tokens cap increased to 12 : GREAT, especially for people who log only once a day and not always at the same time

Auto-Repair and Auto-Heal : GREAT, make sure your glads stay at the top even when you cannot log for a few days

Auto-Contract Feature : GREAT, very handy when you have a busy day and not the time to run all your contracts one by one

Fat Louie's Shop Chop (energy 100) : GREAT, allow you to run all your contracts in one logging, without having to wait and relog later

Merchant's Guild : GOOD, will help people who have money problems

Pace divided by 2, Skull's Gym and Blood Academy : UNFAIR, you have to pay 25 trophees every 2 weeks to not be slowed without any compensation

Rebalancing of the Builds : NEEDED but UNCLEAR, PLEASE DETAILS : it sucks to have to wait for some unexpected losses to find out what changed in the balance, we need more information to adjust our strategies in consequence

A few suggestions to make the changes more fair :

1) Raise the Gold exchanged limit from 150 to 300 or even 600 so that people can have more trophees to use those new features and pay the memberships

2) Improve the loot of Tavern runs by giving more Green/Blue/Purple Items and Trophees in them as currently it's not worth the time as loot mostly sucks and you lose money on wounds, so most people will opt for the auto-run...

I also feel a need to give more use for gold, as personnally I have currently more than I could use so My third suggestion would be :

3) Makes Blue/Purple Items payable in Gold, at a very expensive price

That would be a reward and an incentive for the lannisters who manages their stable finances well...

HipsterD
03-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Great ideas from Narol. All of them. If not increase the gold exchange then make the drop rate of trophies at tavern contracts higher. I think that would keep new players in the game as they could potentially earn enough trophies in a shorter amount of time to expand their stable to the full 5 glads. Or switch the stable slots to gold and perhaps the first 5 slots of the vault to gold as well.

Great new features, with exception of the every other contract skill point. Better to limit it to 10 tavern runs for the players that does not get membership.

Apoca1ypse
03-06-2012, 04:49 PM
All of this pleases me greatly!

to those crying foul about the reduction in training points/fight tokens, I'd just like to point out that this is still giving TWICE as much as what everyone had till the changes in feb. last month was ridiculous being at quadruple the original pace. If you want to be traveling at last month's pace, parting with a few dollars isnt the end of the world. I'd imagine Nate's servers had a fair workout last month....

- Stable Memberships - I like the discounted 4-in-1 which makes it much more affordable to the masses :D

- Double Arena Tokens in The Blood Academy! - should keep the those wanting more fights happy

- Double Training Points by joining Skull's Gym - HELL YES!!! one of the best things from the update! It's been a long time comming. I'm glad that it appeared at the same time the game's pace was slowed down. would have been silly otherwise.

- Increase max energy to 100 at Fat Louie's Chop Shop - yay! all tavern runs in 1 sitting. for someone like me who cannot always log in 2x a day, this is terrific. should make pitfights see a bit more traffic too. hope Jimmy the Squid is ready!

- More gold by becoming a member of the Merchant's Guild! - I like how it also applies to stuff we well to the blacksmith, making tavern runs a smidge more profitable. it should make repairs more affordable for those of us who cannot afford to buy 5/5 blacksmith outright. also easier to pay for healing :)

- Arena Fight Tokens are awarded every 6 hours now - i like that the pace has slowed down. feb was crazy

- Arena Fight Tokens cap increased to 12 - much needed. I hated going away for a weekend and missing out on matches

- Additional arena fights cost reduced to only 1 trophy - good stuff again. side benefit is I lose less trophies when I accidentally click the button :P

- Training Tokens are awarded every other contract at the Tavern - again, slowing down the pace of the game is a good thing imo. february gave as many points as 4 months used to... that was just too fast.

- Auto repair option at the Blacksmith - long time coming

- Auto heal and rez option at the Temple - one of the other stand out additions that is almost a must in the primus bracket.

- Reduced cost for the 5th & 6th achievement slots - woo!

- Arena Fight Tokens drop in the Tavern now - I hope this does not reduce the number of trophy drops. either way, still handy and kinda like getting another training point and some gold :)

- Auto Contract feature to help save you time - thank god! it just felt like too much of a grind to belt out 100 tavern runs a day. No injuries is appealing for lvl 50 glads but I feel that if it costs a trophy to use, it really should give loot as to really make use of this, you already need the 100 energy boost.

- Increased bleed bonus for Snivlers - handy. Not sure how handy it will be given that fights rarely go for multiple rounds at the top, but it's a boon for people running low level snivelers who's HP is just tiny.

- Increased chance to resist crits for Elaarans - another handy thing for low HP races. I like it, and again it's going to shine in the lower brackets.

- Did a balancing pass on all the various gladiator builds helping those with obvious shortcomings and correcting unintentional overpowering ones. - I'm curious to know what actually changed. still, balance passes are always nice :D Also came much sooner than anticipated.

Apoca1ypse
03-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Great new features, with exception of the every other contract skill point. Better to limit it to 10 tavern runs for the players that does not get membership.

doing that would cut into people's gold earnings, which is one thing people often complain about. it also means less XP.

Kreegan
03-06-2012, 09:29 PM
The slower pace is fine, it's better than after the end-of-January update but what concerns me is that the stables who pay for membership particularly for the Skull's Gym will have the edge over the ones which do not. The amount of XP earned through the Tavern is very small overall so it's quite likely to have 2 similarly leveled gladiators with different levels of training (obviously in favour of the Gym guys). Paying for membership on the other hand leaves far less trophies for blue and purple gear which is definitely a problem in the higher brackets for all non-Rages (except if the latter haven't been nerfed). In any case though, it will take some time to see how much of this is true.

Dainoji
03-07-2012, 12:22 AM
Love the update guys!

CaineDeSoulis
03-07-2012, 01:17 AM
Slowed it down for those who wanted it slow and mellow. cranked it to 11 for those who gotta go fast. 2handed rage can now compete again. 120$ price tag on a level 50 glad with good skills and level 50 gear. Fun game. Great Update or Greatest update?!?.

BlkTmplr
03-07-2012, 01:21 AM
Hmm, curious, did Polearms get the lovin' that 2H's did?

Apoca1ypse
03-07-2012, 01:29 AM
The slower pace is fine, it's better than after the end-of-January update but what concerns me is that the stables who pay for membership particularly for the Skull's Gym will have the edge over the ones which do not. The amount of XP earned through the Tavern is very small overall so it's quite likely to have 2 similarly leveled gladiators with different levels of training (obviously in favour of the Gym guys). Paying for membership on the other hand leaves far less trophies for blue and purple gear which is definitely a problem in the higher brackets for all non-Rages (except if the latter haven't been nerfed). In any case though, it will take some time to see how much of this is true.

just because someone else can get more training points than you doesnt mean you're screwed. they will move on through the rankings faster and just reach a higher wall. all it really does is reduce the time needed to reach the end game. if someone wants to pay for that, so be it. playing for free is still viable, just slower. I would hate it if the only way to win was to spend cash, but thankfully it isnt. some of the top glads have gotten there without a dime being spent, just patience.

Hmm, curious, did Polearms get the lovin' that 2H's did?

Quite possibly. They needed the same loving and I did mention this to Nate and Eric.

BlkTmplr
03-07-2012, 01:40 AM
Quite possibly. They needed the same loving and I did mention this to Nate and Eric.

Just did my days worth of fights with Ela my Polearms War and there was no noticeable difference in damage. She still hits the equivalent damage to an exceptionally slow Axes & Maces glad. :(

Kreegan
03-07-2012, 01:45 AM
My lvl 20 2H Rage scores monstrous criticals after the update, not sure if it a coincidence. Can't see any difference in the performance of my Polearms War though.

Apoca1ypse
03-07-2012, 01:49 AM
Just did my days worth of fights with Ela my Polearms War and there was no noticeable difference in damage. She still hits the equivalent damage to an exceptionally slow Axes & Maces glad. :(

dang. had hoped that they also got some love. sure, I dont use any, but I'd like to see them become more viable

BlkTmplr
03-07-2012, 01:53 AM
dang. had hoped that they also got some love. sure, I dont use any, but I'd like to see them become more viable

Ela most definitely has the right trains and good enough equipment to be a great gladiator... She just can't seem to land any solid hits.

250 average damage and only hitting once per round just wont cut it when most fights take between 5-12secs *Sigh*.

(Btw this is an older glad than Ivory and yet hasn't left a mark on the arena so far.)

BlkTmplr
03-07-2012, 02:09 AM
I'm kinda stunned by the changes made to 2H's.

It was needed, there is no question there. What exactly has been changed though? This is a huge difference.

12 fights with Ivory. 8 against the 2H's floating around Maximus.
7 of the 2H fights were losses, 4 of these were deaths...
6 lossses were due to 1000+ hits including 3 of 4 deaths.

Just... Wow...

Apoca1ypse
03-07-2012, 02:14 AM
2H rage should do that though. they still lose, and certainly die a lot still.

BlkTmplr
03-07-2012, 02:24 AM
Kinda off-topic but I don't wanna make a new thread...

Has anyone else's Arena Token reset clock stopped?
Mines just sitting on 00:00:00.

0_o

BlkTmplr
03-08-2012, 12:58 AM
Begging for something to be done about Polearms.

2H destroys them with bombs, DW tears them apart, CS Theatrics hit them too often.
Polearms glads just can't seem to hold their own against anyone except other Polearms unless I'm missing something here.

Nate
03-08-2012, 02:35 AM
Same boost that happened to 2H weapons happened to Pole Arms. If you are having trouble, play with your strategies and build. ;)

Apoca1ypse
03-08-2012, 06:06 AM
had a feeling pole arms got a boost. remember guys, they're agility based

Narol
03-08-2012, 06:20 AM
If you want to know how to fight with a polearm, check the fights of Toddler...

He's rank 12 in Primus now and all my glads lose against him, tough one !

Kreegan
03-08-2012, 06:26 AM
I have a polearms War with score 57-4-6 but that's easy in the lower brackets. If he manages to keep his performance when he gets to Champion and above, that'll be pretty nice.
By the way what kind of buff did the two-handers receive exactly? I can see that my 2H Rage in berserk mode hits other berserking Rages very hard (certainly much harder than before) but armoured opponents get pretty much the same damage as before. I have not yet noticed any major improvement in the performance of my 2H War but then again he's mostly defensively-orientated so far (will get more offensive later). So is the change damage-to-defense/armour-related or something different?

Apoca1ypse
03-08-2012, 06:34 AM
If you want to know how to fight with a polearm, check the fights of Toddler...

He's rank 12 in Primus now and all my glads lose against him, tough one !

QFE

his stat distribution is rather interesting too....