PDA

View Full Version : Glitch Wielding

CaineDeSoulis
03-01-2012, 05:50 PM
so lve noticed a lot of gladiators using a heavy main handed weapon 1.15-1.55 spd and a light offhanded weapon 2.25-3 spd. and then hitting fast and hard with their main handed weapon. i just did this switch with prey and caine its making my main handed 1.55 weapon act like an epee or Gladius in terms of speed. I Expect this is because the speed difference's in weapons being balanced out, rather than each weapon hand acting independently. which would make the main handed weapon attack much faster simply by equipping a dagger or other high speed weapon. of the top 5 gladiators currently 4 are using what I like to call "Glitch Wielding" Techniques.

oedi
03-02-2012, 06:28 AM
this has been known for a while. its was actually discussed a month ago i think. i dont remember who, but it was one the newer top managers, that mentioned it while he was testing out different stuff to be able to get the jump on others. Ive been useing this techniqe for maybe 6 months on several of my gladiators, never thought of it as a bug, but as something that was ment to be discovered while playing.

Narol
03-02-2012, 07:15 AM
I was wondering if there was such a glitch, it doesn't seem logical that you attack more with your main hand if you have a faster weapon in the second hand... The additional attacks due to the speed of the secondary hand should be with the second weapon, not the main one.

I've made some tests and found out that you attack 2/3 with your main hand and 1/3 with your second hand, and that doesn't seem to depend of the relative speed of the 2 weapons... Maybe changing that to compensate whould solve that speed glitch.

For example with a Weapon speed 1 in main hand and a weapon spead 3 in your second hand, you would attack 1/2.5 (40%) with the main hand and 1.5/2.5 (60%) with your fast weapon in second hand instead of 66% / 33%

NB : 2.5 =1+(3/2) , the speed of the second hand counting only for half

With that formula, you would still attack 66% / 33% with same-speed weapons in each hand but more with the second hand if you have a faster weapon in it.

Narol
03-02-2012, 07:37 AM
To put it in math terms :

SW1 = Speed of weapon 1
SW2 = Speed of weapon 2

TS (Total attack speed) = SW1+ (SW2 / 2)

PA1 (Probability to attack with first hand) = SW1 / TS

PA2 (Probability to attack with second hand) = SW2 / (2* TS)

If the number of attacks you have is directly proportional to the TS factor, which I supppose, you would then have on the average EXACTLY the same number of attack by round with your main hand whatever you hold in second hand...

Example :

Falchion (WS 1.2) in main hand and nothing in second hand =1.2 attacks

Falchion (WS1.2) + Kriss (WS 3) = 1.2 Falchion attacks (44%) + 1.5 Kriss attacks (55%) (on average)

Falchion (WS 1.2) + Saber (WS 1.2) = 1.2 Falchion attacks (66%) + 0.6 Saber attack (33%) (on average)

BlkTmplr
03-02-2012, 07:56 AM
I wouldn't consider it a glitch since everyone seems to be aware of it and it seems to be accepted however Narols idea would make much more sense rather than just average of both weapon speeds.

Even though this is not a glitch it is being utilized as the best way to run a DW glad, I don't think this should be right.

Cynaidh
03-02-2012, 08:58 AM
Yup i did a ton of testing with this and i really only have one problem with it, it screws mace/axe duel wielders as there are no weapons available with the fast speed like of the short sword and faster weapons that swords has, it makes it nearly impossible for a mace/axe duel wield to get the jump on a sword duel wield if they have one of the super fast blade off hands in their off hand. If there was a 3 speed and a 2.25 speed mace/axe then i wouldn't have any problem at all with this system.

Cynaidh
03-02-2012, 09:05 AM
for examples why not have:

Nunchucks 3 speed / 1 weight mace
Mallet 2.25 speed / 3.5 weight mace

Apoca1ypse
03-02-2012, 09:12 AM
I ran it for a while with Wargh, up until bastard swords got nerfed. Cyn did some testing against me with Belgarad.