PDA

View Full Version : skill choice 2h war

HipsterD
03-01-2012, 04:53 PM
Do I go Feint or CD for offensive 2H war...or neither. Seems CD doesn't trigger very much once AL is over 5-6...in which case it is useless to an offensive fighter?

BlkTmplr
03-01-2012, 04:59 PM
2H War -needs- CD /full stop. They can't take those extra shots per round while waiting for the big retaliation.

HipsterD
03-01-2012, 05:05 PM
so I have to drop the AL? otherwise it won't kick in, right? I have it at 5 currently and I don't think it has ever been activated.

BlkTmplr
03-01-2012, 05:10 PM
I feel like I should know for some reason but I will ask for my prides sake, what is AL? XD

HipsterD
03-01-2012, 05:23 PM
Hah! I just figured that Activity Level would be an automatic...not sure that I've seen it or not. Don't worry, I'm just making shit up as I go:-)

BlkTmplr
03-01-2012, 05:28 PM
LOL, Activity aye? Based off your signature you should keep making shit up as you go, it's hilarious.

Anyways, CD triggers based on your lvl in it. Lvl 10 triggers about once per round.

HipsterD
03-01-2012, 05:35 PM
Thanks. Looking for some replacements for my two oldest glads. Looks like I have to come up with something pretty spectacular to beat yours and Narol's glads.

BlkTmplr
03-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Heh, I just fought Clamorcan Grey by accident with Seni from my Vindicators stable... Picked him apart with my lil knives. :p Ivory is much much worse.

Make that twice, 2nd was more brutal...

HipsterD
03-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Clamorcan Grey has a decent shot at Seni, fraid that wont be the case with Ivory...I think they have met up not too long ago. I know one of my glads did, but didn't do so well.

HipsterD
03-01-2012, 07:14 PM
gotta love undertaker lvl 2

Narol
03-02-2012, 02:52 PM
Hehe, my guys are tough... Which ones have you met yet, Hipster ?

BlkTmplr
03-02-2012, 03:02 PM
I seem to fight Walter or Cormac a daily basis... Never looks good when I see them pop up.

Narol
03-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Come on, Blk, Ivory always has the jump on Walter and Cormac and usually beats them down to the core... And she is 2 levels lower !!!

I'm still trying to figure a way to change that, but for the moment I just do my best to avoid that bitch !

I really consider Ivory and Varurk as the most dangerous gladiators of the young generation, and my guys have to work out hard to don't get forever outclassed by those 2 !

BlkTmplr
03-02-2012, 03:51 PM
I have plans for her, evil plans. She is nowhere near what she will become *Evil cackle*. ;) Although sadly she is stuck among lvl 50 2H Ragers at the bottom of Maximus at the moment, can't even score one win since they all trigger last stand *sigh*I found the wall for her.

There is also a mini-Ivory on the way in Pit Lords atm, almost identical stats, Lillith.... They should reign terror together soon....

HipsterD
03-02-2012, 05:04 PM
I've met up with both Walter and Cormac... If your going to lose, may as well not be close.

BlkTmplr
03-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Come on, Blk, Ivory always has the jump on Walter and Cormac and usually beats them down to the core... And she is 2 levels lower !!!

I'm still trying to figure a way to change that, but for the moment I just do my best to avoid that bitch !

Found her again! :D She got angry when that Last Stand triggered lol.

Narol
03-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Cormac was in a bloody mood today, he killed both Nurarihyon and Kharn... He's now on top of the Blood Gods and got the Blood Gods Throne achievement...

He's only level 33 so I have hope for him to blow the record of Belgarad for the lowest level gladiator to reach Primus !

BlkTmplr
03-02-2012, 07:44 PM
Hey! Keep your eyes off that record :p I'm trying to beat Belgarad too with Ivory. :D

I think Varurk might just smash the record before either of us even get a chance.

Narol
03-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Not so sure, i'm trying my best to slow down Varurk !

I've just beat him with both Kaspar and Siam who really excels against speed ragers, only my power rage Larshamir failed...

The last step is sometimes the hardest !

Kaspar is really doing great now (he used to be my worst ranked glad but he caught up at full speed) and I believe he will be the first to beat the record of Belgarad as is only level 41 so far...

Anyway, even if does I have no doubt he won't keep the new record for very long as Varurk , Cormac and Ivory will arrive behind him soon.

Apoca1ypse
03-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Although sadly she is stuck among lvl 50 2H Ragers at the bottom of Maximus at the moment, can't even score one win since they all trigger last stand *sigh*I found the wall for her.

Kharn, Rarg and Blarg have been stuck there for a while. dont be sad that they punch you around... with 8 lvl 10 skills each they really should be doing much more than that :(

BlkTmplr
03-03-2012, 12:04 AM
Kharn, Rarg and Blarg have been stuck there for a while. dont be sad that they punch you around... with 8 lvl 10 skills each they really should be doing much more than that :(

Blarg is alright, I beat him once or twice even though he has pounded on me many more times.

Apoca1ypse
03-03-2012, 04:33 AM
they still under perform for what they have. compare to wargh with 4 lvl 10 skills and clad in green armor, yeah something is wrong.

It also seems that between trug, dunder or human, none seem to be particularly good for 2H rage :( I'm not game enough to spend 70 tokens a piece to test sniveler (and urk to a lesser extent)

Cynaidh
03-03-2012, 04:45 AM
Belgarad was my lowest level glad to hit primus until Varqus showed up, he hit primus at 40 and was in the top 10 at 41 i believe and hung out at the 8-9 spot as he got levels, he is now level 46 and at 4th and climbing (hopefully) at this very moment :)

Varurk has noticed your attempts to slow him down :) He just said hello to Ivory in a random match up and Slim Tailor became notch number 29 in his sword hilt also, 6 straight wins! Going for more!

He also dinged 32, so have to see if he can get these last 5 spots before 35, that was my goal for him.

Cynaidh
03-03-2012, 04:47 AM
I am running Urk on my newest 2 hand rage Huuse and have liked it Apoca1ypse, extra endurance helps sometimes, and i don't like being stunned.

I still don't get stun defense though really Belgarad is an Urk and has 8 Iron Jaw and still gets stunned almost every other fight, so i am not sure if the Urk bonus is that large or not.

Apoca1ypse
03-03-2012, 05:38 AM
I have never found that I need the extra endurance unless my gladiator is lower than lvl 15...

I really dont know what is needed to make 2H rage succeed. I have lvl 9 armor agility and still have not noticed anything beneficial, regardless of race.

Cynaidh
03-03-2012, 05:53 AM
Kinda in the same boat, I'd think Smak should be doing better then he currently is in gear he is:

152 str, 66 int, 106 agil, 98 stam, 64 size, 70 pres, 117 chi

He has 10 two handed weapon, 10 armor movement, 9 shock and awe, several skills at 8

And he still has fights where he never even makes an attack, i am to the point where i have no idea what to do with my 2 handed rages. Especially after watching sliver drop down out of the top 10 down to 15th place, just seems like they still don't have much of an advantage vs any other fighting type at this point.

Maybe Caine had the right idea and swapping over to duel wield is the only way to go, he is back in the top 10.

Narol
03-03-2012, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the precision , Cynaidh, so Varqus currently holds the record of the lowest level gladiator to reach Primus with level 40.

Reeko almost took it, he just reached Primus at level 41 but that's too late for the record and didn't prevented Kaspar to take his revenge on him !

Seems you changed Varurk strats or he made fast progress as today Kaspar didn't even had a chance against him contrary to yesterday... I don't see anymore who can prevent him to be the next recordman soon...

Cynaidh
03-03-2012, 08:23 AM
Ya changed his strats up some, he had been running the same ones since level 10 till today, also put a dagger in his off hand, it's so ... i cant think of a nice word ... that doing that gives you more main hand attacks but it does, so might as well roll with it.

Varqus and Varurk are very similar:

Varqus is 84 60 95 65 73 68 75 (orginally was 77 59 89 63 73 68 75, been training stats on him for a bit now)
Varurk is 85 65 85 60 72 60 76

Varurk i think actually has the higher potential he only has 4 less agil then varqus did orginally but he has 8 more str

Narol
03-03-2012, 09:18 AM
At least my counterstriking theatric Siam scored 2 wins in a row against Varurk, yeah !

Seems that counterstrike is the kryptonite of Speed ragers, too bad that only theatrics can use that strat... A power rager on counterstrike would be cool !

oedi
03-03-2012, 11:02 AM
A power rager on counterstrike
that would be narvalo

oedi
03-03-2012, 11:17 AM
just seems like they still don't have much of an advantage vs any other fighting type at this point
theatrics has very weak defense against any gladiator with a 2h weapon.

Maybe Caine had the right idea and swapping over to duel wield is the only way to go
I dont think anything would make me happier right now than if all 2h rage swapped to DW.;)

Cynaidh
03-03-2012, 12:56 PM
hehe see i am the other way Oedi, i think varqus and belgarad do better vs Oedi and Ormgar then Smak does, I did just get Smak a new weapon so he has equal level weapons to varqus so i'll have to see how it goes.

Cynaidh
03-03-2012, 01:11 PM
Well your right Oedi, i tried Huuse vs Siam since i knew he was a counter striking Theatrics and Huuse looked good for once, 2 hander just beat him up.

Narol
03-03-2012, 01:19 PM
Larshamir avenged Siam against Huuse, and gave a lesson to Ivory on the way... Power Ragers are not finished !

Cynaidh
03-03-2012, 01:31 PM
Yup Larshamir totally got the jump on Huuse tore him up.

BTW on Larshamir if your using Berserk a lot on him which i assume you are since your attacking twice a round, that create distance skill wont go off while your in berserk (or at least that's what i have been told, and i never saw it go off on my guys using berserk) I'd probably drop those 8 points into Shock & Awe, i think Shock & Awe is one of the better rage skills in my opinion if you hit it early with it at rank 10, you'll debuff your opponent's attack power and defensive power by 150+ and it lasts for 2 rounds, not to mention it hits like a truck.

Apoca1ypse
03-03-2012, 01:32 PM
theatrics has very weak defense against any gladiator with a 2h weapon.

Only because they're all set to counter attack vs rage :P

kharn, rarg and blarg all fell out of the top 50 the past month. that's kinda sucky for lvl 50 glads nearing the completion of their skill set. i'm intrigued to see what ziggler gets up to this month so I can see if he has found the silver bullet to the problem or not.

Cynaidh
03-03-2012, 01:36 PM
I like Incredulous D no agility really, armor movement is at 7 so he isn't going to get the jump on ya, but damn it 10 Rampage with 200 str, thats' going to freaking hurt.

oedi
03-03-2012, 01:53 PM
Only because they're all set to counter attack vs rage :P
nope thats not it, long time since i used CS against all rages.
sir trollington, incredulous d, and general disaray are the best 2h rages in my opinion. look to them to try and find out what to do.

crow
03-03-2012, 02:06 PM
sir trollington, incredulous d, and general disaray are the best 2h rages in my opinion.

No love for Sliver :(

Narol
03-03-2012, 02:06 PM
In fact, Cynaidh, I'm raising Create Distance to 10 on Larshamir and when it's done i'll probably switch to Bash or Killshot against Speed ragers...

I don't know if it can work, but it seems worth trying to me... Create Distance and Iron jaw are the only defensive skills that rage can access, and maybe there is a way to use them against speed ragers !

Cynaidh
03-03-2012, 02:12 PM
You should ask Crow how it works, i believe he tried that with Sliver, took CD to 10, last i heard i think he was dropping it :(

crow
03-03-2012, 02:27 PM
Create Distance level 10 does not work very well for rages (I had it on Delta, Summit, and Sliver. Those 3 represent the 3 different rage types. Speed dual blade, power dual bashing weapon, 2-hander)....When they are beserking or Kill shot..they do not go off. Only saw it go off a small handful of times. The reason for this was explained to me in this fashion...beserk and kill shot are purely offensive fight styles that do not mix with a defensive skill such as CD. Only way to get it to go off is use bash,slash,lunge....but that takes away from a rages main weapon and that is his fight style. take away beserk and you loose the added attack power along with the cranked up initiative and the heightened amount of attacks per round. So that is not a good trade off IMO. Hope this helps.

oedi
03-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Create Distance and Iron jaw are the only defensive skills that rage can access
ragers defensive skill is called shock and awe

Narol
03-03-2012, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the feedback, Master Crow.

I'll do some tests in tavern runs, and if it really don't work at all I will replace it with another skill, probably Iron Jaw as speed ragers often win on other ragers because of early stuns...

There must be a way for 2-H ragers to counter speed ragers or they are doomed !

Cynaidh
03-03-2012, 03:18 PM
About the only way i beat them for my guys is to hit them so damn hard when last stand goes off and you grab initiative to kill them :)

Apoca1ypse
03-03-2012, 10:45 PM
nope thats not it, long time since i used CS against all rages.
sir trollington, incredulous d, and general disaray are the best 2h rages in my opinion. look to them to try and find out what to do.

I had a look at sliver, and Shock & Awe at lvl 10 was his secret so it took priority in training it up. I noticed a pretty big boost to how my guys went after training it up. still missing something though.

too lazy to look at trollington etc just yet though hahaha. maybe after work tonight.

Apoca1ypse
03-03-2012, 10:47 PM
About the only way i beat them for my guys is to hit them so damn hard when last stand goes off and you grab initiative to kill them :)

yup, that's about all my guys do.

BlkTmplr
03-04-2012, 03:28 AM
Larshamir avenged Siam against Huuse, and gave a lesson to Ivory on the way... Power Ragers are not finished !

That was a close fight. :D

Can't wait till Ivory has some lvl 10 skill trains and is a few lvls higher.

Cynaidh
03-04-2012, 04:40 AM
Varurk hit primus today! he leveled to 33 on the fight that put him in primus, so there is room for someone else to beat him for sure!

His record on the fight where he went to primus was: 281 - 72 - 32 79.6% 286,105

Now to see if i can get him in the top 10 before 40 to break varqus's record there.

He also became the "The Undisputed Maximus Champion" last night at some point :) +5 size nice!

BlkTmplr
03-04-2012, 06:35 AM
Varurk hit primus today! he leveled to 33 on the fight that put him in primus, so there is room for someone else to beat him for sure!

Congrats!
Got Ivory beat :p She's about to hit 33 at the moment and still halfway through Maximus.

Narol
03-04-2012, 07:32 AM
Congrats Cynaidh, Varurk's record gonna be hard to break and he will probably keep it for quite some time, unless Ivory really speed up...

Varurk is now out of reach from his nemesis Siam until my little beast reaches the upper bracket too, enjoy your quiet time !

BlkTmplr
03-04-2012, 07:39 AM
Congrats Cynaidh, Varurk's record gonna be hard to break and he will probably keep it for quite some time, unless Ivory really speed up...

Well I've thought about this... Even contemplated trying to not do any arena fights with Ivory just to let challenges lift her up into Primus but decided against it.
She is currently 16th in Maxiumus and only 200 Exp from lvl 33.

I can not beat the record...

I can equal it. ;)